Ticket #10493 (closed Bug Report - Hang/Deadlock: Fixed)
Opened 14 months ago
Last modified 12 months ago
Mythbackend 0.25 keeps tuners/recordings going after quit
|Reported by:||mythtvuser@…||Owned by:|
|Component:||MythTV - General||Version:||Master Head|
I updated my 0.24 pvr to 0.25 today and i found a nasty bug in 0.25 (mythtv-backend-0.25-280_v0.25_beta_55_g814e880.el6.x86_64)
Background : I use iptv (m3u file) and have around 7 tuners created ..6 for recordings and 1 for free livetv
After my upgrade the first time i went into livetv i had a black screen and after xxx seconds i was thrown back to the menu.. In the past this would happen and i got a error saying that he couldn't buffer etc. so i wasn't alarmed and just thought.. he beta.. this could be the same ignore it.. So pressed the livetv again and voila there the livetv was..
So i played a littlebit with the new setup.. went to the epg to see if the crash problem that i had was fixed.. and it looked like everything was ok there.. so i programmed some new recordings.. ans looked in the recordings and there they where.. so far so good i thought.. Nice update..;) I deleted the recordings(while they still where recording) because it was just testing..
But then it came.. I thought lets get back to livetv and for some reason i couldn't get in.. I thought that is strange.. So i looked around in log etc. and found out that for a strange reason all my tuners where still busy.. BUT mythbackend/frontend was saying they were free.. So i looked at my storage area to see what the last files where that were created.. maybe there was something there.. And there it was.. The last files where still growing.. and lsof was saying mythbackend was the one using it..
So i restarted the backend and confirmed that there were no files in use anymore.. and it wasn't.. So i started a livetv again and it was running great and the storage area file was created and growing... But when i stopped the livetv.. the file kept growing again.. So i started a livetv again.. and there it was a second file was created and that was growing also.. including the first one.. To be sure there were no recordings going on i check the fronted recording again.. and it wasn't..
So to test my theory i started livetv again to see if a 3th file would be created.. and yes it was and still the first 2 were growing larger and larger.. To test allitlebit more i started a recording from an epg and deleted it again.. mythtv/recording was empty but the file was there and growing.. So now i had 4 files growing and nothing was beeing used on the box..
I was curious and started livetv 3 times more.. and there it was 7 files growing.. info center saying tuners are free and everything else failing.. no more livetv possible etc..
To stop the process i restarted the backend again and all files were released again.
I did they above 3 times more and every time i had the same outcome..
comment:1 Changed 14 months ago by mythtvuser@…
comment:2 Changed 14 months ago by danielk
- Priority changed from major to minor
- Severity changed from high to low
- Milestone changed from 0.25 to 0.26
comment:3 Changed 14 months ago by mythtvuser@…
comment:6 Changed 13 months ago by iwelcomespam@…
comment:7 Changed 13 months ago by chemobejk@…
comment:8 Changed 13 months ago by Aaron Yourk <ayourk@…>
comment:9 Changed 13 months ago by chemobejk@…
comment:10 Changed 13 months ago by kenni
- Ticket locked set
comment:11 Changed 12 months ago by jyavenard
- Ticket locked unset
comment:12 Changed 12 months ago by jyavenard
- Milestone changed from 0.26 to 0.27
comment:13 Changed 12 months ago by Michael@…
comment:14 Changed 12 months ago by chemobejk@…
comment:15 Changed 12 months ago by jyavenard
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to Fixed