Ticket #10630 (closed Bug Report - General: Fixed)
Opened 13 months ago
Last modified 13 months ago
Memory leak when subtitles are "on"
|Reported by:||Mossy <nosepam-mythtv@…>||Owned by:||stichnot|
|Component:||MythTV - Captions||Version:||0.25-fixes|
|Severity:||medium||Keywords:||subtitles memory leak|
Most of the channels that I get ignore the "Subtitles Font" setting (which is fine by me). However, I get memory leaks on the channels that do use the "Subtitles Font", specified on the "Playback OSD" screen, when the subtitles are on.
The memory used by the FE increases until the FE becomes unusable. On some programmes this can happen in less than an hour on a machine with 4GB of ram. Happens with both LiveTV and Recordings. Stopping playback (i.e. going back to the main menu) does not free up the memory.
Also seen in 0.24.
- Watch a channel that sets the subtitle font according to the setting on the "Playback OSD" page (or watch a recording made on such a channel).
- Turn the subtitles on, if they are not already on.
- Observe the FE memory usage (e.g. "top")
Expected results: FE memory usage does not increase significantly while the programme is being watched/played back.
Actual Results: FE memory usage increases proportionally to the amount of subtitles shown on screen until all available memory is used up. Stopping playback back does not free up memory.
comment:1 Changed 13 months ago by Mossy <nosepam-mythtv@…>
comment:2 Changed 13 months ago by Mossy <nosepam-mythtv@…>
comment:3 Changed 13 months ago by stichnot
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.26
comment:4 Changed 13 months ago by Mossy <nosepam-mythtv@…>
comment:5 Changed 13 months ago by stuartm
comment:6 Changed 13 months ago by stuartm
- Status changed from accepted to closed
- Resolution set to Fixed
- Milestone changed from 0.26 to 0.25.1