Ticket #10768 (closed Bug Report - General: fixed)
Opened 12 months ago
Last modified 10 months ago
Unable to record with mpeg-4 software encoding
|Reported by:||ggervasio@…||Owned by:||danielk|
|Component:||MythTV - General||Version:||Unspecified|
With recent master (v0.26-pre-409-gc51c98a), I am unable to record with mpeg-4 software encoding. There are two issues:
- The recording profile codec settings are not loaded correctly, so the recorder defaults to RTjpeg:
2012-05-28 08:55:01.135476 I TVRec(17): Starting Recorder 2012-05-28 08:55:01.167617 I Using profile 'Default' to record 2012-05-28 08:55:01.167632 I TVRec(17): rec->GetPathname(): '/home/mythtv/store .w2/1007_20120528085500.nuv' 2012-05-28 08:55:01.168862 I DTVRec(17): ResetForNewFile(void) 2012-05-28 08:55:01.218171 E NVR(/dev/video0): Unknown video codec. Please go into the TV Settings, Recording Profiles and setup the four 'Software Encoders' profiles. Assuming RTjpeg for now. 2012-05-28 08:55:01.218210 E NVR(/dev/video0): Unknown audio codec
Another symptom of the problem is that the video/audio codec settings in mythtv-setup "Recording Profiles" do not reflect what's in the database and changes do not appear to stick.
This problem appears to be due to settings changes in 84974039959d2372844a39a820ca4c7530df5a58. I'm not sure why, but the attached hack seems to make it work.
- With the codec settings loaded correctly, the recordings do not contain any video. This appears due to changes to use new ffmpeg API. The second patch makes it work.
Changed 12 months ago by ggervasio@…
comment:1 Changed 12 months ago by danielk
- Owner set to danielk
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.26
comment:2 Changed 12 months ago by Daniel Kristjansson <danielk@…>
comment:3 Changed 10 months ago by Gregorio Gervasio, Jr <ggervasio@…>
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to fixed