Opened 13 months ago
Closed 3 months ago
Inaccurate mythtranscode cuts
|Reported by:||im.js@…||Owned by:||stichnot|
|Component:||MythTV - Mythtranscode||Version:||0.25-fixes|
When using mythtranscode --honorcutlist to remove commercials, the resulting cuts are not accurate to the cuts specified in the cut list.
I am trying to remove commercials from 1080i recordings by marking the cuts in Mythtv and running the default transcode profile configured for lossless output.
The actual cuts are off mark by different amounts, sometimes over 2 seconds from the intended cut point.
I am running mythtv 0.25 on a fresh install of mythbuntu 12.04.
This method of cutting commercials worked with frame-level accuracy in previous versions of mythtv, but it appears to be broken now.
The cuts seem to be set accurately when playing back the recording with the frontend.
I have tried re-building the keyframe index prior to setting cut points and transcoding, but that made no difference. I also tried multiple different 1080i TV sources, with no improvement.
I really miss this feature, and would be happy to diagnose further, provide logs, or whatever.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 13 months ago by stichnot
- Status changed from new to infoneeded_new
comment:2 Changed 12 months ago by stichnot
comment:3 Changed 12 months ago by beirdo
- Owner set to stichnot
comment:4 Changed 11 months ago by im.js@…
comment:5 Changed 9 months ago by kenni
comment:6 Changed 5 months ago by stichnot
comment:7 Changed 3 months ago by stichnot
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.27
- Resolution set to Fixed
- Status changed from infoneeded_new to closed