Ticket #3279 (closed patch: duplicate)
Opened 6 years ago
Last modified 5 years ago
Improve server reconnect/wakeup method
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||ijr|
|Severity:||medium||Keywords:||wakeup reconnect connect timeout server context|
This patch improves the server reconnect attempt used in mythcontext.
A mythbusydialog is displayed while myth is trying to connect rather than just appearing with a blank background and a log message (dialog is disabled when a mythcontext server connection is made without a gui - eg. with mythshutdown).
The reconnect algorithm is adjusted such that:
- Wakeup command is executed.
- Myth attempts to open a connection to the backend once every second until the reconnect timeout occurs or a connection is established.
- If the reconnect timeout is reached, the wakeup command will be issued again (as before), unless the max number of attempts have been executed.
This is more efficient than before, where the reconnect attempt would not retry until the next wake command is executed.
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by Matthew Wire <devel@…>
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by paulh
- Status changed from new to closed
- Resolution set to duplicate