Ticket #449 (closed patch: invalid)
Opened 8 years ago
Last modified 8 years ago
MythMusic can mangle extended characters
|Reported by:||mythtv@…||Owned by:||ijr|
My music collection includes works by Frédéric Chopin as well as the musical Les Misérables. The file names include the accented e (é). When I tried to play these works, I got "Unable to open file. Error 5".
Investigating found that the filenames had been mangled in MySQL. Fixing the database entries did not make it work. Thus, there are really two problems: filenames can be mangled before going into the database and filenames are mangled upon query.
To fix this, I changed all of the filename conversions to use ASCII instead of Unicode. This fixed my problem, but I have not extensively tested it to determine whether it causes other problems. Will attach patch.
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by danielk
- Status changed from new to closed
- Version set to head
- Resolution set to invalid
- Severity changed from high to medium
- Milestone set to unknown
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by mythtv@…
- Version changed from head to 0.18.1