Opened 5 years ago
Closed 3 years ago
Last modified 3 years ago
Auto-transcode and keyframe/seektable generation
|Reported by:||nico@…||Owned by:||ijr|
|Component:||MythTV - Mythtranscode||Version:||Master Head|
|Severity:||medium||Keywords:||mythtranscode auto keyframes seektable|
I am a UK DVB-T user.
I have setup the DVB Hardware encoders recording profile to do auto-transcode, using lossless MPEG-2 transcoding.
I am doing this for two reasons:
- Because I am far from the emiter, even though I have new/clean cabling and connections, a new antenna and a masthead amp, I have MPEG2 glitches that I'd like fixed
- because the 20% disk saving is not only a benefit, but also an elegant thing to do
I have setup commflagging to happen after transcode.
So the order of thing happening is in that order:
2.1 lossless MPEG2 transcode
2.2 keyframe index generation (what I believe is the seektable generation)
4 User jobs if any
The resulting recording has a bad seektable.
I believe that the 2.2 step is being done on the .tmp file generated in 2.1, before the file swap.
Manually running a mythcommflag --rebuild on the recording recovers the seektable correctly.
I have attached a log from Mythbackend. It starts with the end of the recording, and ends with the commflagging.
I am using Mythbuntu 8.10, 64-bit.
nico[at]favia:~$ mythbackend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version : 18722
MythTV Branch : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend
using_dbox2 using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc
using_opengl_vsync using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr
using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_xvmc_vld using_glx_proc_addr_arb
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live
Thanks for the time spent on MythTV!
Change History (5)
Changed 5 years ago by nico@…
comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by stuartm
- Component changed from mythtranscode to MythTV - Mythtranscode
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by robertm
- Version changed from 0.21-fixes to Trunk Head
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by robertm
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by stuartm
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.24