Ticket #8744 (closed patch: fixed)
Opened 3 years ago
Last modified 15 months ago
Mutex protect ChannelScanSM - fix crash/data corruption
|Reported by:||Rune Petersen <rune@…>||Owned by:||danielk|
|Component:||MythTV - Channel Scanner||Version:||Master Head|
I found this issue while verifying the #8737 fix.
The members in ChannelScanSM are accessed by 3 threads:
1) UI thread 2) ChannelScanSM's own thread 3) DVB thread (via listeners)
The corruption happens because both the ChannelScanSM thread and the DVB thread modifies the following members ts_scanned, extend_transports, currentEncryptionStatus, and currentEncryptionStatusChecked.
will attach a patch that will fix the crash/data corruption, but a proper fix would be to cleanup the code and some fine-grained locking added.
and this issue also exists for 0.23-fixes.
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by robertm
- Owner changed from danielk to stuarta
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by danielk
- Owner changed from stuarta to danielk
- Priority changed from major to minor
- Status changed from assigned to accepted
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.24
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by danielk
- Milestone changed from 0.24 to 0.25
comment:4 Changed 16 months ago by Github
- Status changed from accepted to closed
- Resolution set to fixed