Ticket #9360 (closed Bug Report: Fixed)
Opened 2 years ago
Last modified 2 years ago
Delete - "Yes, and allow re-record" doesn't reschedule episodes
|Reported by:||skd5aner <skd5aner@…>||Owned by:||gigem|
|Component:||MythTV - Scheduling||Version:||0.24-fixes|
Description (last modified by wagnerrp) (diff)
I'm no longer able to reschedule episodes of shows by using the "delete - yes, and allow re-record" option on a recording from the watch recordings screen. I believe, but can not confirm that this has happened sometime after the 0.22 release. I first noticed this behavior sometime during my usage of 0.23, after I finally looked at why episodes weren't eventually re-recording. I was waiting until after 0.24's release to see if the behavior resolved itself, but after testing, it appears to still be present. I can replicate it on any recording rule, new or old, where episodes are recorded, deleted and allowed to re-record, and then later re-aired.
Step to replicate:
1) Create a recording rule, an "any channel" rule for example, for a series that usually re-airs episodes (Discovery Channel/TLC/History typically air the same episodes multiple times a day/week).
2) Allow a non-generic episode to record that has a later airing.
3) Delete the recording through the watch recordings screen by going to Menu, Delete, select "Yes, and allow re-record".
4) Wait for the scheduler to run (or run mythbackend --resched)
5) Check the "Upcoming Episodes" screen for the recording rule and look for any airings of the same episode that was marked for delete and re-record. They will continue to be marked as "Record All - Previously Recorded" and will not be scheduled to record.
The only way to re-record (via the frontend UI) is to go into the recording history and forget the recording.
I have also tested this against the "Delete + rerecord" button in mythweb and it *does not* exhibit the same behavior - it actually works as expected. "Delete + rerecord" in mythweb, will both delete the recording and reschedule the episode to be re-recorded.
I typically would provide logs in the initial report, but I'm not sure which verbose options might be of use without further guidance. Please let me know and I'd be happy to report back with any details necessarily to help with the report.
Thank you in advance!
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by gigem
- Status changed from new to infoneeded_new
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by skd5aner <skd5aner@…>
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by kenni
- Status changed from infoneeded_new to assigned
comment:7 Changed 2 years ago by gigem
- Status changed from infoneeded to closed
- Resolution set to Fixed
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.24.1