Ticket #9374 (new Patch - Feature)
Opened 2 years ago
Last modified 14 months ago
[PATCH] New build script for Windows
|Reported by:||Lawrence Rust <lvr@…>||Owned by:|
|Component:||Ports - Windows||Version:||Unspecified|
|Severity:||medium||Keywords:||Build script packager windows|
Following the move to git and other changes the current Perl based packager for Windows no longer builds a top of tree or latest fixes branch. In addition the stability of the product is questionable with a number of runtime errors being detected by Qt that are not otherwise observed on other platforms.
This script and associated patches add the following features:
- Cross compile on Linux or build native on Windows XP or later.
- Windows platform prerequisites are just Msys which is a simple download and install.
- Linux prerequisites are just the mingw cross compiler.
- Easily switch between debug and release builds.
- Easily switch between master and fixes branches.
- Patches are held in a separate folder, not embedded in the script, allowing easy customisation.
- Easy adaptation to updated libraries and patches.
The attached archive contains the bash build script and a mythpatches folder. The folder is arranged by library/component. The following patches are required to Mythtv;
- mythtv-0.24/10-d3d9.diff: Fix direct3d9 gui/video rendering. Ticket #9241.
- mythtv-0.24/20-videofiles-win32.diff: Fix playback of video files with a : in the path
- mythplugins-0.24/10-win32xbuild.diff: Patch to ./configure required to cross compile.
- mythplugins-0.24/20-mythmusic-cdio.diff: Play/rip music CD's on Windows.
The remaining patches are to external libraries and are required for the build.
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by robertm
- Owner changed from nigel to robertm
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by Lawrence Rust <lvr@…>
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by Lawrence Rust <lvr@…>
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by beirdo
comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by Jonathan Martens <jonathan@…>
comment:6 Changed 14 months ago by robertm
- Owner robertm deleted
comment:7 Changed 14 months ago by wagnerrp
- Status changed from assigned to new