Opened 2 years ago
Closed 2 years ago
Closed Captions/Subtitles (DVB) can stay onscreen indefinitely
|Reported by:||vk2fab@…||Owned by:||markk|
|Component:||MythTV - Video/OSD Rendering||Version:||0.24-fixes|
|Severity:||medium||Keywords:||DVB Closed Captions|
I have observed that whilst watching a DVB (not ATSC) recorded program with DVB closed captions switched on, that captions may remain on screen indefinitely.
Allow me to clarify using example:
- The last line of dialogue prior to a commercial break may be 'Goodbye sir'. The caption 'Goodbye sir' appears as it should - however, this caption may remain onscreen for the duration of the commercial break - until it is 'cleared' by a new caption.
- There may be significant period of silence between one dialogue and another. For this duration a caption will remain on screen, only to be cleared when the new dialogue is captioned.
If I tune DVB using my Television receiver, captions behave 'normally' - as they used to in previous versions of MythTV. I have only observed this since upgrading to .24 (from .23) - which was some time ago now.
Also, though I realise this is not the forum for feature request but I also notice that Closed Captions (DVB) appear consistently somewhat prematurely. That is to say perhaps 300 milliseconds (or more) before they normally would (if watching DVB using TV). Could there be a funtion added to 'delay' captions before displaying on screen?
I trust my report makes sense - let me know if otherwise.
Change History (8)
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by markk
- Status changed from new to infoneeded_new
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by vk2fab@…
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by markk
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by vk2fab@…
Changed 2 years ago by vk2fab@…
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.24.1
- Status changed from infoneeded_new to new
comment:7 Changed 2 years ago by markk
- Resolution set to Fixed
- Status changed from new to closed