Ticket #9613 (closed Patch - Feature: Won't Fix)
Opened 2 years ago
Last modified 15 months ago
|Reported by:||Jim Stichnoth <stichnot@…>||Owned by:||stichnot|
|Component:||MythTV - General||Version:||Master Head|
This patch adds support for emacs-style multi-key bindings, which is useful for smaller remote controls without enough buttons to map all your favorite actions. This is especially useful for the TV Playback context which has more than 100 available keybindings.
Before using this patch, you must manually execute the following mysql command. Unpatched code will still work correctly even after executing the command. If you try the patch without executing the mysql command, there's a good chance that *all* your keybindings will be reset to their defaults.
ALTER TABLE keybindings ADD COLUMN multikey varchar(128) default NULL;
The implementation currently has a few limitations. (Translation: I'd rather not do all the work before the patch is in principle accepted...)
- Multi-key bindings are only handled in the TV Playback context, as well as the associated Global bindings. It would be very simple to support other contexts, except that I don't know how to provide reasonable feedback without an OSD object available.
- Multi-key bindings are not (yet) implemented for JumpPoints?.
- The only way to edit the multi-key bindings is through MythWeb with the attached patch.
- Multi-key bindings are limited to 4 keys, due to the use of QKeySequence.
- There is practically no checking for conflicts between regular keybindings and multi-key bindings.
- It might be better if there were a timer to reset multi-key input after so long, like the QueuedInput? related code currently there.
comment:1 Changed 2 years ago by Jim Stichnoth <stichnot@…>
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by mdean
- Owner set to mdean
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by Jim Stichnoth <stichnot@…>
comment:4 Changed 15 months ago by stichnot
- Owner changed from mdean to stichnot
- Status changed from accepted to assigned
comment:5 Changed 15 months ago by stichnot
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to Won't Fix