Ticket #9707 (closed Bug Report - General: Need more Info)
Opened 2 years ago
Last modified 19 months ago
Memory leak during playback of recent recordings (PVR-250)
|Reported by:||aaron <memoryguy@…>||Owned by:||markk|
|Component:||MythTV - Video Playback||Version:||Master Head|
Description (last modified by wagnerrp) (diff)
Recordings made in the last month or so seem to make mythfrontend leak memory during playback. Typically I use timestretch 1.3x or higher, up to 2x, not sure if it is relevant. About halfway through a one hour program I have to restart the frontend to release the memory; playback gets stuttery due to excessive paging.
All of my recordings are standard-def MPEG2, produced from a PVR-250. But only the more recent recordings show this problem.
My backend/frontend has 512 MB of RAM (+2 GB paging space). When the frontend needs to be restarted, htop reports the "VIRT" at 800+ MB.
After starting the frontend VIRT is 337 MB.
I am running master built from git. The current version I am running (and do see the problem) is:
I have tried to run valgrind:
valgrind --log-file=vglog.log --leak-check=full --error-limit=no --show-reachable=yes mythfrontend -O UIPainter=qt
When I started playback it complained about not being able to allocate/resize ALSA buffers, and it looked like it was not using the proper playback timing methods. Perhaps this is because I was using an SSH session (although displaying on the local display, not remote). Hopefully the log managed to capture something meaningful.
Playback stuttered horribly with valgrind running, so I left it going as long as I could stand.
Attached are the frontend output and valgrind log.
Please let me know if there is something else that would be helpful.
comment:2 Changed 2 years ago by mdean
- Status changed from new to infoneeded_new
comment:3 Changed 2 years ago by aaron <memoryguy@…>
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by aaron <memoryguy@…>
comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by mdean
- Status changed from infoneeded_new to new
comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by Github
- Owner changed from janne to markk
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Version changed from Unspecified to Trunk Head
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.25
comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by markk
- Status changed from accepted to infoneeded
comment:12 Changed 2 years ago by markk
comment:13 Changed 2 years ago by aaron <memoryguy@…>
comment:14 Changed 22 months ago by wagnerrp
- Priority changed from minor to trivial
- Status changed from infoneeded to assigned
- Milestone changed from 0.25 to unknown
comment:15 Changed 19 months ago by markk
- Status changed from assigned to closed
- Resolution set to Need more Info