Ticket #9778 (assigned Bug Report - General)
Opened 2 years ago
Last modified 16 months ago
Video artifacts when playing recordings made with "Low Quality" profile
|Reported by:||Bob <bob@…>||Owned by:|
|Component:||MythTV - Video Playback||Version:||0.24-fixes|
[Although this is specific to a recording profile, I'm filing this under "Video Playback" because that is the part that has changed... recordings made with 0.21 behave the same as recordings from 0.23-fixes] [Also, the mixed versioning is because I don't currently have the 0.24-fixes test system up and running..]
MythTV versions from 0.22 onward display graphical artifacts (including the top fourth of the screen being green) when playing recordings made with the "Low Quality" recording profile (with a PVR-150). The same recordings play fine in 0.21 as well as other players (including mplayer, VLC, and the Windows MythTV Player client). An example is currently here: http://organizedinsanity.net/MythTV/green.png
- Different playback profiles/filters make no difference.
- I've tried four different computers (via Mythbuntu LiveCD) to rule out hardware incompatibility.
- "--verbose playback" didn't seem to indicate anything unusual. I can try it again and attach the log if that's of any interest.
- Behavior is identical whether streaming from the remote backend or playing the files locally via MythVideo?.
- The commercial flagging process crashes for these recordings (again, 0.21 was fine). That's a more difficult thing to experiment with and investigate, so I only mention it because it may share the same root issue. I'll attach logging for this just in case.
- Status changed from new to infoneeded_new
comment:6 Changed 2 years ago by robertm
comment:7 Changed 2 years ago by robertm
- Status changed from infoneeded_new to new
comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by Bob <bob@…>
comment:9 Changed 2 years ago by Bob <bob@…>
comment:10 Changed 2 years ago by markk
comment:11 Changed 18 months ago by markk
- Owner changed from janne to markk
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:12 Changed 16 months ago by markk
- Owner markk deleted