Ticket #9854 (closed Bug Report - General: Fixed)
Opened 2 years ago
Last modified 18 months ago
ISO playback problems
|Reported by:||Jim Stichnoth <stichnot@…>||Owned by:||markk|
|Component:||MythTV - Video Playback||Version:||Master Head|
I recently observe 3 problems when playing ISO DVD rips.
- Widescreen videos (16x9) switch to 4x3 aspect ratio at some point, which seems to be repeatable. I suspect it happens when a subtitle shows up in the stream. See attached mythfrontend1.log output for clues. This happens with Slim and VDPAU Normal profiles. One can "fix" this by selecting H.Stretch from the Adjust Fill menu.
- ISOs with several titles take a long time to start up, and also to jump to the main menu. See attached mythfrontend2.log output, where the time between 06:55:32 and 06:56:08 (36 seconds) is spent on the "Please Wait...." screen.
- Jumping within an ISO video sometimes has accuracy problems. For example, pressing "50i" to jump to the 50-minute mark may jump to the 46-minute point (but a subsequent "50i" usually jumps to the right point). This is unpredictable and often happens only during the first jump (if it happens at all). This is especially unfortunate when it happens as a result of the initial bookmark seek when playback starts. Through experimentation, this seems to be a problem seeking to the desired frame, and not a problem converting between frame number and elapsed time.
MythTV Version : v0.25pre-2327-g305ef56-dirty MythTV Branch : master Network Protocol : 66 Library API : 0.25.20110607-2 QT Version : 4.6.2 Options compiled in: linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse using_pu lseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings _php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_i ptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video usin g_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l2 using_v4l1 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv us ing_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode u sing_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg
comment:2 in reply to: ↑ description ; follow-up: ↓ 3 Changed 2 years ago by Jim Stichnoth <stichnot@…>
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by markk
- Owner changed from janne to markk
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.25
comment:7 Changed 2 years ago by Github
comment:8 Changed 2 years ago by Github
comment:10 Changed 23 months ago by Jim Stichnoth <stichnot@…>
comment:13 Changed 18 months ago by Jim Stichnoth <stichnot@…>
comment:14 Changed 18 months ago by markk
- Status changed from accepted to closed
- Resolution set to Fixed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.