Last modified 3 years ago Last modified on 05/13/10 12:28:58
Task update MythMusic to MythUI
This is a summary of some of the ideas to incorporate into MythMusic when it's updated to MythUI
- Combine both the player and playlist editing screens into one screen (or make it seem as though everything is on one screen)
- DJ mode allowing tracks to be easily appended to the current playlist (probably the only mode?)
- Allow for several different ways to browser for tracks (eg. better ways to filter the tracks to find what we want, album art viewer, smart playlists, searches etc)
- better sorting - current playlist should show the sorted order.
- should be able to manually reorder tracks in the current playlist, delete tracks, create a saved playlist etc.
- import of playlists (ie. m3u)
- Allow for additional information to be displayed for the currently playing track (eg lyrics, artist info, other albums/tracks from the same artist etc.).
- Remove libvisual support (it's buggy and no longer supported).
- Add ProjectM as a native myth visualizer.
- Possibly add the best of the libvisual visualizers as native myth ones?
- Bookmark per song? (Audiobooks?)
- Look at using the videoplayback widget for the visualizers renderer (would allow themeable OSD information popups etc and music videos to be shown etc)
- Allow music to be stored on one host (master backend?) and to be streamed to the frontends.
- Global and/or Local Playlists?
- Update the player to allow it to start on mythfrontend startup or from the mini-player without having to go to MythMusic first.
- Allow MythMusic to play from sources other than ripped tracks and cds (internet radio streams etc)
- Look at possibly allowing seamless playback and fading one track into another.
- Look at synchronized playback across several FE's