Opened 16 months ago
Closed 14 months ago
Last modified 13 months ago
Change MythTimer to use monotonic clock
|Reported by:||Rune Petersen <rune@…>||Owned by:||danielk|
|Component:||MythTV - General||Version:||0.26-fixes|
Currently MythTimer? is implemented using QTime which relies on system time and timezone conversion have the following problems:
- imprecise if system time is changed
- imprecise if if a change to/from DST happens
The patch uses QElapsedTimer instead of QTime.
QElapsedTimer relies on monotonic clock, "get ticks" or similar.
Known problems with this patch:
- QElapsedTimer requires QT 4.7 (what is currently the minimum requirement?)
- addMSecs() cannot be implemented with QElapsedTimer, but then again the current implementation is a no-op.
This patch reduces CPU usage by ~5% on a 700MHz Cortex-A9 when recording DVB HD content.
Change History (7)
Changed 16 months ago by Rune Petersen <rune@…>
comment:1 Changed 15 months ago by stichnot
- Owner set to danielk
- Status changed from new to assigned
comment:2 Changed 14 months ago by Daniel Thor Kristjansson <danielk@…>
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:3 Changed 14 months ago by Daniel Thor Kristjansson <danielk@…>
comment:4 Changed 14 months ago by Rune Petersen <rune@…>
comment:5 Changed 14 months ago by Daniel Thor Kristjansson <danielk@…>
comment:6 Changed 13 months ago by wagnerrp
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.27