Opened 6 years ago

Closed 6 years ago

#11312 closed Bug Report - General (Upstream Bug)

Cannot complete backend setup

Reported by: ylafont@… Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: MythTV - General Version: 0.25
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

buntu 12.10, FRODO RC2 – just in case anyone needs this.

I believe I have the machine setup properly however I am not able to complete the Mythtv backend configuration. In the capture card setup, I have selected “DVB DTV capture card (v3.x)”, the DVB setup picks up the card and places “/DEV/DVB/ADAPTER/FRONTEND0” ; and then placed “Auvitek AU8522 AQM /Subtype: ATSC” in the frontend ID: Field. . However is often disappears and and then the Frontend ID: changesd to “Could not get card info cSubtype: Unknow error”

At first i thought I needed the firm where file firmware file dvb-fe-xc5000-1.6.114.fw as detailed here http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.ph...WinTV-HVR-950Q But that did not solve the case, The Dmesg log has the no errors, is there something I am missing? au0828: i2c bus registered [ 4.929333] input: HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=7 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0/input4 [ 4.929991] input: HDA Intel PCH HDMI/DP,pcm=3 as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/sound/card0/input5 [ 4.975438] tveeprom 8-0050: Hauppauge model 72001, rev B3F0, serial# 6933236 [ 4.975442] tveeprom 8-0050: MAC address is 00:0d:fe:69:ca:f4 [ 4.975444] tveeprom 8-0050: tuner model is Xceive XC5000 (idx 150, type 76) [ 4.975446] tveeprom 8-0050: TV standards NTSC(M) ATSC/DVB Digital (eeprom 0x8 [ 4.975448] tveeprom 8-0050: audio processor is AU8522 (idx 44) [ 4.975450] tveeprom 8-0050: decoder processor is AU8522 (idx 42) [ 4.975451] tveeprom 8-0050: has no radio, has IR receiver, has no IR transmitter [ 4.975453] hauppauge_eeprom: hauppauge eeprom: model=72001 [ 4.977224] au8522 8-0047: creating new instance [ 4.977227] au8522_decoder creating new instance... [ 4.981304] tuner 8-0061: Tuner -1 found with type(s) Radio TV. [ 4.982883] xc5000 8-0061: creating new instance [ 4.987657] xc5000: Successfully identified at address 0x61 [ 4.987661] xc5000: Firmware has not been loaded previously [ 4.989765] au8522 8-0047: attaching existing instance [ 4.997770] xc5000 8-0061: attaching existing instance [ 5.002511] xc5000: Successfully identified at address 0x61 [ 5.002512] xc5000: Firmware has not been loaded previously [ 5.002515] DVB: registering new adapter (au082 [ 5.002518] DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Auvitek AU8522 QAM/8VSB Frontend)... [ 5.003631] Registered device AU0828 [Hauppauge HVR950Q] [ 5.003687] usbcore: registered new interface driver au0828 [ 5.152357] usbcore: registered new interface driver snd-usb-audio [ 6.150815] e1000e: em1 NIC Link is Up 100 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: Rx/Tx? [ 6.150822] e1000e 0000:00:19.0: em1: 10/100 speed: disabling TSO [ 6.152202] IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): em1: link becomes ready [ 8.024108] Bluetooth: RFCOMM TTY layer initialized [ 8.024115] Bluetooth: RFCOMM socket layer initialized [ 8.024117] Bluetooth: RFCOMM ver 1.11

also

As i continue to search for clues I stumble on the mythtv-setup log and has the followin,

Dec 27 19:47:25 PlexOne? mythtv-setup[2890]: I CoreContext? schemawizard.cpp:117 (Compare) Current MythTV Schema Version (DBSchemaVer): 1299 Dec 27 19:48:38 PlexOne? mythtv-setup[2890]: E CoreContext? cardutil.cpp:414 (ProbeDVBType) FE_GET_INFO ioctl failed (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)#012#011#011#011eno: No such device (19) Dec 27 19:48:38 PlexOne? mythtv-setup[2890]: E CoreContext? cardutil.cpp:414 (ProbeDVBType) FE_GET_INFO ioctl failed (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)#012#011#011#011eno: No such device (19) Dec 27 19:48:38 PlexOne? mythtv-setup[2890]: W CoreContext? diseqc.cpp:359 (Load) DiSEqCDevTree: No device tree for cardid 4 Dec 27 19:48:39 PlexOne? mythtv-setup[2890]: E CoreContext? cardutil.cpp:414 (ProbeDVBType) FE_GET_INFO ioctl failed (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)#012#011#011#011eno: No such device (19) Dec 27 19:48:39 PlexOne? mythtv-setup[2890]: E CoreContext? cardutil.cpp:414 (ProbeDVBType) FE_GET_INFO ioctl failed (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)#012#011#011#011eno: No such device (19) Dec 27 19:48:39 PlexOne? mythtv-setup[2890]: W CoreContext? diseqc.cpp:359 (Load) DiSEqCDevTree: No device tree for cardi

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 6 years ago by Yianni Vidalis <yiannividalis@…>

I am facing the same problem using openSuSE 12.2 (kernel 3.4.11-2.16-desktop). I remember the "FE_GET_INFO ioctl failed (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0)" messages too.

The problem manifests when using pci dvb-s cards. I tried with a Technisat Skystar HD2 (the card I had already installed but was no longer using) which, however, had a burst capacitor. So I replaced it with a Technisat SkyStar2 DVB-S card (rev 02) (13d0:2103) but I'm seeing the same. I didn't report it at the time because I thought the first card could have affected the pci slot, although the system is rock steady.

Sometimes the card shows up in mythtv-setup, and sometimes it brings the error message. However, even when it does show up, it doesn't allow me to set recording options (like switch, lnb).

I did a test with a usb 187f:0201 Siano Mobile Silicon Nova B stick (DVB-T) and it was ok.

comment:3 Changed 6 years ago by stuartm

Resolution: Upstream Bug
Status: newclosed

Duplicate of #10830

These are driver bugs, "FE_GET_INFO ioctl failed" means that we have requested information from the driver and instead it has returned an error. Some drivers, possibly the Skystar driver have apparently been fixed upstream. I suggest reporting these bugs on the linux-media mailing list - http://linuxtv.org/lists.php although you could also try the #linuxtv IRC channel.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.