Opened 5 years ago

Closed 5 years ago

#12183 closed Bug Report - General (Fixed)

Mythbackend problems after installing latest 0.27-1 patches

Reported by: Richard Kershenbaum <richard@…> Owned by:
Priority: major Milestone: 0.27.2
Component: MythTV - General Version: 0.27.1
Severity: high Keywords: Mythbackend
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I installed the latest patches on my Mythbuntu 14.04 system -- 2:0.27.1+fixes.20140618.aa822f5-0ubuntu0mythbuntu3, and Mythbackend is no longer working properly.

After remaining idle for a time (about 15 minutes or so), Mythbackend stops responding entirely. When this happens, I'm seeing this in Mythbackend.log:

Jun 20 17:59:30 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:124 (~MThread) MThread prolog was never run!
Jun 20 17:59:30 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:128 (~MThread) MThread epilog was never run!
Jun 20 18:03:38 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:124 (~MThread) MThread prolog was never run!
Jun 20 18:03:38 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:128 (~MThread) MThread epilog was never run!
Jun 20 18:04:29 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:124 (~MThread) MThread prolog was never run!
Jun 20 18:04:29 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:128 (~MThread) MThread epilog was never run!
Jun 20 18:07:22 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:124 (~MThread) MThread prolog was never run!
Jun 20 18:07:22 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:128 (~MThread) MThread epilog was never run!
Jun 20 18:11:18 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:124 (~MThread) MThread prolog was never run!
Jun 20 18:11:18 MythTV mythbackend: mythbackend[22438]: C CoreContext mthread.cpp:128 (~MThread) MThread epilog was never run!

Sometimes, Mythbackend will spontaneously start working again, sometimes not. Restarting it corrects the problems temporarily, but they always return.

Is there any further information that would help to debug this?

I've tried to revert to an earlier version, but haven't figured out how to make that work.

Attachments (1)

mythbackend.log (1.9 MB) - added by Richard Kershenbaum <richard@…> 5 years ago.
Mythbackend.log

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

Changed 5 years ago by Richard Kershenbaum <richard@…>

Attachment: mythbackend.log added

Mythbackend.log

comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by JYA

Status: newinfoneeded_new

pplease upgrade to 0.27.2 and report

comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by Richard Kershenbaum <richard@…>

The problem persisted for about two days and then disappeared spontaneously *before* I upgraded to 0.27.2. I am now on the 20140702 release of 0.27.2. I'll post here if the problem reappears. Thanks to the developers for the attention to this!

comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by paulh

Milestone: unknown0.27.2
Resolution: Fixed
Status: infoneeded_newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.