Opened 14 years ago

Closed 14 years ago

#1263 closed defect (fixed)

Update and improve myth.rebuilddatabase.pl

Reported by: gnassas@… Owned by: Isaac Richards
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.20
Component: mythtv Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I tried to use myth.rebuilddatabase.pl for the first time today and noticed that it's stuck on recordings ending in .nuv and also that they should conform to the 0.18 format for filename (channel_starttime_endtime.nuv) so I thought I'd fix that up. Then I thought up a few features that I'd like to see so I started hacking...

The idea around --file and --answer are that you could write a (possibly spreadsheet-driven) script that would import tons of recordings without intervention. Like perhaps if you were importing all the episodes from one of those sitcom dvds...

Although this looks like a huge change (the entire body of the script has been rewritten) it's actually pretty much the same as before. I mostly reduced the two paths of execution (nuv vs. non-nuv) into one and added a helper routine for user queries.

  • George

Attachments (3)

myth.rebuilddatabase.pl (12.2 KB) - added by gnassas@… 14 years ago.
the new script
myth.rebuilddatabase.pl.gz (4.4 KB) - added by gnassas@… 14 years ago.
just noticed that commflag takes different arguments depending on the video file's origin
rebuild.nohost.diff.gz (1.1 KB) - added by gnassas@… 14 years ago.
this is the last of it, I promise!

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

Changed 14 years ago by gnassas@…

Attachment: myth.rebuilddatabase.pl added

the new script

Changed 14 years ago by gnassas@…

Attachment: myth.rebuilddatabase.pl.gz added

just noticed that commflag takes different arguments depending on the video file's origin

comment:1 Changed 14 years ago by Isaac Richards

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

(In [9011]) myth.rebuilddatabase script update, closes #1263.

comment:2 Changed 14 years ago by gnassas@…

Resolution: fixed
Status: closedreopened

Sorry to reopen this.

Nathan Stratton wrote me off list to point out that matching recordings by filename *and* hostname works badly when you have multiple backends -- everything not recorded on the BE you're running on looks like an unknown recording and triggers a "Do you wish to import" prompt. I removed hostname from the matching query.

While I was in there I noticed that exec is being used to invoke mythcommflag. Obviously this isn't healthy inside a loop. Fixed.

Also, open up the default extensions to include the usual suspects.

Sundry other tweaks.

Changed 14 years ago by gnassas@…

Attachment: rebuild.nohost.diff.gz added

this is the last of it, I promise!

comment:3 Changed 14 years ago by Isaac Richards

Resolution: fixed
Status: reopenedclosed

(In [9019]) New patch fixes some issues. Closes #1263 again. =)

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.