Opened 3 years ago

Closed 3 years ago

#12916 closed Bug Report - General (Unverified)

Mythfilldatabase not updating some programs correctly

Reported by: drmchsr87@… Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: MythTV - Mythfilldatabase Version: 0.28.0
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I have an odd problem where two shows at the same time on the same channel but on different nights are not updating with new program information and therefore mythtv is not recording them. The two programs are "Kevin can Wait" on CBS (Comcast cable channel 189) on Monday nights at 7:00 PM and "Big Bang Theory" on CBS (Comcast cable channel 189) on Thursday nights at 7:00 PM. Both entries in the listings show a previous episode as a rerun and this has occurred for two weeks now. I've checked with SchedulesDirect? and they indicate that the new episodes are listed in the guide they are sending me and therefore I must have an application issue. What could be happening? So far these are the only programs that this is happening on that I've found, but obviously there is some problem that could be more extensive or could grow over time.

I'm not sure what steps I should take (I've tried running a database repair and I've tried upgrading Mythtv to the latest version and restarting the backend, but these actions did not help). My work around is to now schedule manually to record the shows.

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by sphery

Component: MythTV - GeneralMythTV - Mythfilldatabase
Status: newinfoneeded_new

First step, when you see the issue (not updated show) again, re-run mythfilldatabase with the --dd-grab-all option and let us know if it updates properly.

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by drmchsr87@…

Running mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all has corrected "Big Bang Theory's" entry for 11/3 and "Kevin can Wait's" entry for 11/7, but entries for "Big Bang Theory" on 11/10 and "Kevin can Wait" for 11/14 were not corrected and still bad entries.

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by sphery

Resolution: Unverified
Status: infoneeded_newclosed

User reports (at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/604160#604160 ) the programs were updated after clearing the mythfilldatabase caches ( sudo rm -rf /tmp/myth* ). Since I think that all code paths in mythfilldatabase (ignoring lineup cache) that resulted in using statically-named cache files/directories were fixed to use generated names, I'm closing this as unverified and assuming it was just a timing issue--where the cache was recent-enough that it was supposed to be reused.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.