Opened 4 months ago

Closed 6 days ago

#13624 closed Bug Report - General (Duplicate)

liveTV resolution not detect correctly

Reported by: veehexx Owned by: Mark Kendall
Priority: minor Milestone: 31.1
Component: MythTV - General Version: v31-fixes
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

i'm using a self-compiled fixes/31 build (currently on commit a2b8c26; 1st May 2020), using rpi4 as FE with current latest mythtv-light from PBennetts repo.

I use 2 playback profiles using resolution to define which one to use - one for SD (<1920 <1080) and one for HD (1920 1080). signal is from DVB-S2, and is bra

When watching BBC1HD via LiveTV i've noticed that OSD initally shows a SD tag and OSD_Debug shows a deinterlacer from my SD profile. If i now bring up the program info ('i' on keyboard) once playback has started it correctly reports a 1080HD icon however still remains attached to the SD playback profile untill one of the following is done, which will then correctly bind to the HD profile:

1) pause & unpause playback 2) skip back (skip forward has no effect) 3) switch to another channel (even another HD channel, eg BBC2HD) and switch back to original BBC1HD

my playback profiles define which deinterlacer to use for each resolution, with my SD profile set to high deint. the rpi4 doesnt have the grunt to handle HD content with High deint so results in poor performance. on the flip side, UK SD is also progressive scan so if i set no deinterlacer in my SD proile, then 1080i would result in no deinterlacing.

Recordings do not exhibit this issue and soly related to livetv.

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 4 months ago by Mark Kendall

Milestone: needs_triage31.1
Owner: set to Mark Kendall
Status: newaccepted

comment:2 Changed 4 months ago by Mark Kendall

Status: acceptedinfoneeded

Can you please attach the full output from 'mythfrontend -v playback' - recreating the issue seen. Thanks.

comment:3 Changed 6 days ago by Mark Kendall

Resolution: Duplicate
Status: infoneededclosed

Deinterlacer issue migrated to github issues: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/222

OSD issue migrated to: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/223

See those tickets for further updates.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.