Opened 14 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

#1742 closed defect (worksforme)

Power Search does not work correctly with non-ASCII characters

Reported by: niels@… Owned by: gigem
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythtv Version: 0.20
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I have created a power search that searches for:

program.title LIKE "%NØRD%"

The test button in the power search dialog would show match with "Lille NØRD!" and "Store NØRD" and the list of upcoming episodes in the following dialog would show the same matches, but these two recordings would not be set to be recorded anyway.

When I change the search pattern to "%N%RD%", the test button will show both the NØRD shows and three other shows like "Lægens bord", while the upcoming shows button will only show the two NØRD shows, but all 5 shows will be set to be recorded.

So apparently there are three different algorithms built into the scheduling as they give different results and only the first of them works as expected.

I am running mythtv-suite-0.19-57.at which is:

[root@pc133 ~]# rpm -q --changelog mythtv | head -20

  • man apr 10 2006 Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm@…>
  • Update to latest svn fixes (r9656).

Niels Dybdahl

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 14 years ago by wmunson at rochester.rr.com

Severity: lowmedium

As a related issue. I set two power searchs for (&Bull& AND &Riding&). One search is on the title only and the other is on the subtitle only. Both searches return the correct records in the test page but when applied the title search seems to work correctly but the subtitle search causes almost continual recordings of shows. None of the shows have either keyword in the title or subtitle. This behavior is present in all versions I have tested including SVN from yesterday. Perhaps it has to do with the anding logic. Please let me know if you want any additional info.

William

comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by anonymous

I also have this problem after i upgraded from .18 to .20.(FC3+atrpms) All other power searches are fine, but not those with norwegian characters. (program.title LIKE "%Fakta på lørdag%")Testing the power search works, but the programs won't schedule. Tested on both mythfrontend and mythweb, and with a "fresh" install of FC5 and .20.

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by anonymous

Milestone: unknown
Version: 0.20

comment:4 Changed 13 years ago by Janne Grunau

Resolution: worksforme
Status: newclosed

probably a database issue. see #2775 for details on gentoo

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.