Opened 13 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#2300 closed defect (duplicate)

DVB Radio broken in SVN?

Reported by: drdaz Owned by: danielk
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.21
Component: mythtv Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I'm running SVN from about 4 days ago, and when trying to either record or 'watch' a dvb radio channel I'm told (very quickly) that myth should have obtained a full lock by now. I can see that myth has a partial lock on the signal (presumably the audio stream).

My recording profiles for DVB cards all are set to 'Normal', so I would expect myth not to complain about the lack of a video stream. Additionally, I had previously been successfully running the DVB Radio patches with a 0.19-fixes build before upgrading to SVN a few days back. I am using a Twinhan Cab-CI.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated. I don't have logs at hand but will post some later if needed.

/drdaz

Attachments (2)

mythbackend.log (35.9 KB) - added by drdaz 13 years ago.
mythbackend output
mythbackend.2.log (26.2 KB) - added by drdaz 13 years ago.
New mythbackend output

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (16)

comment:1 Changed 13 years ago by danielk

Milestone: 0.20
Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed
Version: head

"mythbackend -v record,siparser,channel" logs will be needed. Also please see the tuning discussion in mythtv-dev before reopening, you may need to update your DVB drivers to the mercurial ones for that card.

Changed 13 years ago by drdaz

Attachment: mythbackend.log added

mythbackend output

comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by drdaz

Resolution: invalid
Status: closedreopened

Finally got round to looking at this again. I've installed a snapshot of the v4l-dvb driver from hg and the results are very much the same.

Attached is the output of "mythbackend -v record,siparser,channel > mythbackend.log". A working channel was opened in LiveTV and then I attempted to switch to a DVB Radio channel. The error described above ensued.

/drdaz

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by drdaz

Note: I'm now running the 0.20-fixes branch.

comment:4 in reply to:  3 Changed 13 years ago by knowledgejunkie@…

Replying to drdaz:

Note: I'm now running the 0.20-fixes branch.

Please check this thread on the -users list:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/220502

This cleared up the problem for me.

Nick

comment:5 Changed 13 years ago by drdaz

Sadly this appears not to be the issue here... All my recording profiles are set to 'Normal'... Which should record whatever is available, correct? Given the mythbackend output though, something is awry there...

/drdaz

comment:6 Changed 13 years ago by Stuart Auchterlonie

Since you appear not to follow the -dev mailing list

a) subscribe to it. b) Is there anything special about that channel? ie. is it encrypted..

comment:7 Changed 13 years ago by drdaz

a) I did that today :) I should have done it earlier really, but I had myself pegged as a 'user' :p

b) All available channels play fine in mplayer / vlc. The radio channel isn't encrypted, the channel that worked may have been, I expect that's not an issue though.

/drdaz

comment:8 Changed 13 years ago by danielk

Milestone: 0.21
Owner: changed from Isaac Richards to danielk
Status: reopenednew

comment:9 Changed 13 years ago by drdaz

If there's any more information I can provide in solving this issue please let me know. I'm also wondering which database entries might be involved in causing this result, as I'd be willing to check their integrity manually. I've looked through the database myself, but can't find anything that looks suspect off hand.

comment:10 Changed 13 years ago by stuartm

We are treating it as an mpeg-only stream instead of DVB because the network id is zero. This is the same problem as that in #2528

Under what circumstances would different stream types be available from the same source/card? Could we not just use the cardtype/input type to determine the stream type rather than attempting to guess from the stream components?

comment:11 Changed 13 years ago by stuartm

After a little debugging in IRC it seems the transport ID is also zero in this case.

comment:12 Changed 13 years ago by danielk

Resolution: duplicate
Status: newclosed

Duplicate of #2528. Basically if the network or transport ID is NULL we assume that the stream is not a DVB stream but instead a raw MPEG stream, and we only support "DVB Radio" on DVB streams. We are working on coping with broken DVB broadcasts on ticket #2528. Until we find a safe fix, remove any DVB Radio channels which do not show up in the internal scanner, and/or which have a NULL network or transport ID after the scan.

comment:13 Changed 13 years ago by anonymous

Resolution: duplicate
Status: closedreopened

Sadly inserting the correct values into the dtv_multiplex table doesn't resolve the issue. It does, however, yield different output. Mythfrontend now displays 'Error while displaying video' following a 'Lock' state. I'll attach a new mythbackend log. This log is the result of starting LiveTV on the radio channel in question.

Changed 13 years ago by drdaz

Attachment: mythbackend.2.log added

New mythbackend output

comment:14 Changed 12 years ago by Janne Grunau

Resolution: duplicate
Status: reopenedclosed

fixed in [11815], duplicate of #2528

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.