Opened 14 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

#2360 closed defect (fixed)

SVN 11084: mythtranscode segfaults on recording containing commercial transitions

Reported by: oa@… Owned by: Geoffrey Hausheer
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythtranscode Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

Trying to construct a test file for #2353, I picked a movie recording that had not been transcoded, made a cutlist for it that kept only a few seconds around every transition in and out of commercials, and ran an MPEG2 lossless transcode for it, resulting in a 53 MB file with a lot of aspect ratio changes. Trying to transcode this to an MPEG4 file segfaults.

The transcoding profile is no resize, MPEG4 codec, 2100 kbps, maxq=2, minq=25, qdiff=3, HQ, 4MV, i-DCT and i-ME all disabled, audio MP3 at 44100, q=6, vol=90.

Even with -v all, the mythtranscode log file doesn't show anything particularly informative before the segfault. I've put the recording available at http://htpc.home.fishpool.org/tmp/transcode-segfaults.mpg (53MB)

Attachments (1)

gdb.txt (20.0 KB) - added by oa@… 14 years ago.
log and backtrace of mythtranscode crash

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

comment:1 Changed 14 years ago by oa@…

I have a new test case that kills mythtranscode directly from DVB->MPEG4 transcode without applying cutlists etc. The sample file (7 minutes, 170 MB, containing mostly commercials) can be downloaded from http://htpc.home.fishpool.org/tmp/1006_20060925183000.mpg. Will attach mythtranscode output and crash backtrace... Please inform if there's something else that is needed to track this down - I'd be happy to debug or try patches.

Changed 14 years ago by oa@…

Attachment: gdb.txt added

log and backtrace of mythtranscode crash

comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by Geoffrey Hausheer

Owner: changed from Isaac Richards to Geoffrey Hausheer
Status: newassigned

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by paulh

Component: mythtvmythtranscode

comment:4 Changed 13 years ago by cpinkham

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

This should have been fixed by [13467]. I tested the sample file and it does not crash mythtranscode from current SVN trunk.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.