Modify

Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

Last modified 11 years ago

#2559 closed defect (fixed)

New video source just hangs.

Reported by: DannyCan@… Owned by: stuartm
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.21
Component: mythtv Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I just updated to the head version 11496 today, deleted my video sources and capture cards, then tried to add them back but when I got to the video source it just hung there and never showed anything but the theme background. My distro is Knoppmyth and I'm going to attach the output from "mythtv-setup -v all >> out"

Attachments (3)

out (11.0 KB) - added by DannyCan@… 11 years ago.
mythtv-setup -v all >> out
gdb.txt (8.8 KB) - added by DannyCan@… 11 years ago.
gdb.txt from "gdb mythtv-setup -x gdbcommands"
out1 (39.6 KB) - added by DannyCan@… 11 years ago.
"mythtv-setup -v all > out1" from ubuntu PC

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (13)

Changed 11 years ago by DannyCan@…

mythtv-setup -v all >> out

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by stuartm

Could you run mythtv-setup under GDB according to the instructions here, http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-22.html#ss22.2 and attach the results.

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by DannyCan@…

ok i did this: $ make distclean $ ./configure --compile-type=debug --disable-distcc --prefix=/usr --enable-proc-opt --enable-dvb --enable-xvmc --enable-xvmc-pro --enable-opengl-vsync $ make $ su # make install

then made gdbcommands with this in it: handle SIGPIPE nostop noprint handle SIG33 nostop noprint set logging on set pagination off set args --geometry 640x480 -v all run thread apply all bt full set logging off

then ran this command: gdb mythtv-setup -x gdbcommands

then when it hung at trying to get to new video source i hit ctrl+x and quit gdb. It then gave me a file called gdb.txt and I'm going to attach it.

Changed 11 years ago by DannyCan@…

gdb.txt from "gdb mythtv-setup -x gdbcommands"

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by stuartm

  • Milestone changed from unknown to 0.21
  • Owner changed from ijr to stuartm
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by stuartm

Out of curiousity, what version of QT are you using?

It doesn't seem to be handling the QProcess object correctly - tv_find_grabbers is missing from your system but QProcess::start() and QProcess::isRunning() both return true, which shouldn't be happening.

I'll add a timeout to the isRunning loop and reorganise that code, which I've been meaning to do anyway, but the only way of really fixing this will probably be to search through each directory in path to check if tv_find_grabbers exists before creating the object.

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by DannyCan@…

I think I'm running QT3 because I have "/usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.3". I dont know anything about the "tv_find_grabbers" but if you tell me how to look for it I'll see what I can find.

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by DannyCan@…

I just installed QT version 3.3.4-3 from the stable debian repository, recompiled mythtv (now version 11500), did a repair on the entire mysql database, and it still hangs when I try to add a new video source.

comment:7 Changed 11 years ago by DannyCan@…

I have just found a workaround for this bug. I have another PC that I run ubuntulinux 6.06 on so I compiled and installed mythtv 11503, ran mythtv-setup and added my video source which worked, then I was able to go back on my knoppmyth box and finish scanning for channels. Now everything works just like before. While I was setting up the video source in ubuntu, I saw a line in the terminal that said "Failed to run tv_find_grabbers" so I did "mythtv-setup -v all > out1" and I'm going to attach it. The line concerning "tv_find_grabbers" is @ 2006-10-10 22:44:37.074.

Changed 11 years ago by DannyCan@…

"mythtv-setup -v all > out1" from ubuntu PC

comment:8 Changed 11 years ago by doveman@…

This seem to be a temp. fix.

tv_grabber_na_dd --configure

mv /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers.old ln -s /usr/bin/tv_grab_na_dd /usr/bin/tv_find_grabbers

It worked for me. I use North America Data Direct.

comment:9 Changed 11 years ago by stuartm

  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

(In [12418]) Reorganise the tv_find_grabbers code a little in an attempt to prevent users with broken versions of QT getting stuck in a loop. Closes #2559

Also, force the requirement of baseline and manualconfig capabilities in xmltv grabbers.

comment:10 Changed 11 years ago by stuartm

(In [12491]) Refs #2559 - Seems tv_find_grabbers can take a lot longer than expected to complete, over 13 seconds on some machines. This increases the timeout, which is a short-term solution until I think of a better way to handle the problem.

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as closed The owner will remain stuartm.
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'new'.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.