Opened 13 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

#2705 closed defect (invalid)

Duplicate Check method "subtitle" not working

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: Isaac Richards
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythtv Version: 0.20
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: jellono@… Ticket locked: no

Description

I am using Gentoo and have used myth .19 and the first rev of .20 on this same box. All programming I had before getting .20_p11444 seems to record correctly.

current setup Mythtv ver 0.20_p11444

All my shows prior to this build seem to be correctly getting the newest eposodes. Any New Show I create seems to not get the differing subtitle to check if I have recorded it. I picked The Dog Whisperer it picks up the first eposode The Dog Whisperer: Maya, Sara, and Lilly

but the following episodes tell me they were "E The Dog Whisperer: Justice and Percy" that is had been recordrd at an earlyer time. If I switch methods to none it gets them all but if I pick subtitle or subtitle discription it flags them ad dupes.?

If you have any questions I will do what I can..

Dave.

Change History (7)

comment:1 in reply to:  description Changed 13 years ago by fales <fales@…>

I can confirm this behavior. I too am using Gentoo and have recently upgraded to MythTV .20 20060828-3

After that the duplicate check by subtitle no longer seems to function and it flags new recordings as having already been recorded despite the fact that the subtitle and descriptions are different than any previous recordings.

I have temporarily disabled the find duplicates option so that things record.

Contact me if you need any details on my configuration.

Chris

fales at rogers dot com

comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by jellono@…

Ok, I backed up my DB... Deleted mythconverg and started from scratch with a new DB (A bit frustrating because I am now re recording shows I have seen before). The net result is all is well now. It seems somehow during the upgrade process My db became corrupt.

If needed I think I still have a copy of the corrupt DB.

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by anonymous

Severity: mediumlow

I beleave this issue was caused by me now...

I had put Media Wiki on my myth machine to try it and think I hosed up the DB...

comment:4 Changed 13 years ago by ricko@…

Priority: minormajor
Severity: lowmedium

I can confirm this bug. I am a Gentoo user and just upgraded to .20 and find duplicates is broken. Everything was working properly with .19

comment:5 Changed 13 years ago by anonymous

Priority: majorminor

comment:6 in reply to:  4 Changed 13 years ago by fales

Replying to ricko@garagegames.com:

I can confirm this bug. I am a Gentoo user and just upgraded to .20 and find duplicates is broken. Everything was working properly with .19

Hi Ricko,

The problem turned out to be caused by an upgrade of MySQL that changed the character set for the databases to somehting besides latin1. This changes the size of a whole set of the database columns so that they are shorter than they were before and as a result episode items match up that shouldn't and therefore don't record. I tried changing the database format back to latin1, but it was going to take me too long to correct the database format manually.

I ended up solving my problem by doing the same as jellono;

  1. Wrote down all of my MythTV Setup and Configuration parameters
  2. I backed up my mythconverg database (I actualy renamed the MySQL directory)
  3. re-created the MySQL database
  4. ran through the mythtv-setup routine from scratch (this was a pain)
  5. checked that items were now recording properly
  6. logged into my backup mythconverg database, and used mysqldump to extract out a listing of recorded programs. I then added these items into my active mythconverg recorded programs table so that I could view my existing recordings.

This has tought me to back up my mythconverg database before performing any upgrades.

Chris

comment:7 Changed 13 years ago by stuartm

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.