Opened 7 years ago
Closed 7 years ago
Last modified 5 years ago
script to generate DVD box labels for mytharchive native format archive disks
|Reported by:||schachte@…||Owned by:||paulh|
I'm attaching a small script to generate attractive DVD box labels listing the content of MythArchive? native format archive discs. Feel free to include this in the contrib section of mythtv, or wherever else seems appropriate, or even to incorporate the code into mytharchive proper.
A few small improvements to mytharchive would make it possible to make this script more useful:
- If permitted by the DVD standard, it would be useful if normal (non-native format) Mytharchive discs included the same xml format file for each archived item as native format archive discs do. This would allow labels for DVD, as well as native, format discs.
- For both disc formats, it would be useful to be able to specify the name (label) of each disc as it is written. This would permit this script to determine disc names itself, rather than having to prompt for them.
- To make the previous request easier to use, it would be helpful if MythArchive? volunteered a name like "MythArchive? Disc 1" as the default name for a newly generated disk. If this name is accepted, a counter would be incremented, so the next disc would automatically be suggested to be "MythArchive? Disc 2".
With all these features added, it would be possible for mytharchive to have a button for "Print DVD labels" that would allow you to insert previously generated MythArchive? DVDs or native format archives, click OK on the remote, and have an attractive label listing the content of the disc(s) pop out of the printer.
Change History (7)
Changed 7 years ago by schachte@…
comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by lukas.kasprowicz@…
comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by schachte@…
- Resolution set to wontfix
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by stuartm
- Ticket locked set