Opened 13 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#3332 closed defect (invalid)

mythtv-setup: "Fetch channels from listings source" makes invalid rows in cardinput

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: Isaac Richards
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythtv Version: unknown
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I upgraded ivtv from 0.4 to 0.8, and ran into the problem reported at the thread "Recording stopped working - IVTV?" on mythtv-users in February 2007, http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2007-February/168876.html . I followed the advice of deleting and recreating the tuners, and reassociating the input connections. While doing the reassociation, I hit the "Fetch channels from listings source" button (perhaps in error). As a result, I ended up with extra, invalid rows in the cardinput table, and these extra rows caused mythbackend to fail to record shows (giving the same error messages reported in the mythtv-users thread). After some experimentation and careful observation of the database, I managed to track the source of the extra rows down to hitting the "Fetch channels from listings source" button.

Change History (1)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by danielk

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

Since this is a 8 month old ticket from anonymous which doesn't say what version of MythTV was being used or what invalid data was inserted I'm closing this as invalid. But if it were a fresh ticket I would ask for those two pieces of data and mark this as an info_needed ticket.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.