Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#3534 closed defect (worksforme)

MythFlix fails to load Queue with UTF-8 characters in movie _title_

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: kkuphal
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythflix Version: unknown
Severity: medium Keywords: MythFlix
Cc: kkuphal@… Ticket locked: no

Description (last modified by cpinkham)

I have noticed what seems to be a small problem with MythFlix?, namely that the Queue file is not read if there are odd characters in the movie title. One such title is Mambo Café (that is Mambo Cafe where the e has an accent mark). On my MBE system which is gentoo with a mythtv build of 0.21_p13344 I get the error "Failed to Retrieve News" in MythFlix?, and "MythNews?: failed to set content from xmlfile" in the debug logs.

By hand editing the Queue file to remove this character from the title field, (and setting the permissions on the Queue file so that it does not get overwritten on the next run, I can make this problem go away by replacing the offending character with a standard "e". I have attached 2 small Queue files that can be used as test cases.

In studying the existing trac tickets, I found this one which might be similar.

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/10063

This changeset applies to the _description_ field of the movie, not the title field, but it seems to be a similar problelm.

I see from a similar topic

Attachments (2)

Queue-test1.xml (1.5 KB) - added by neil.hendin@… 12 years ago.
Netflix test queue with non-ascii character in movie title.
Queue-test2.xml (1.5 KB) - added by neil.hendin@… 12 years ago.
Netflix test queue without non-ascii character in movie title.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

Changed 12 years ago by neil.hendin@…

Attachment: Queue-test1.xml added

Netflix test queue with non-ascii character in movie title.

Changed 12 years ago by neil.hendin@…

Attachment: Queue-test2.xml added

Netflix test queue without non-ascii character in movie title.

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by neil.hendin@…

Oops, the last lines of my comment above got screwed up. (sorry for self-commenting)

I am trying a fresh build of mythfrontend and mythflix on another machine to see if I can repro this issue on a second platform. When it's done compiling (it's a rather old machine) I will post results.

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by cpinkham

Description: modified (diff)
Resolution: worksforme
Status: newclosed

No update from user and this seems to work fine for me, I copied the title from the sample 'broken' queue file into my own and changed the permissions so it wouldn't be overwritten and I was able to view my queue without any problems. Closing ticket for now.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.