Opened 12 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#3831 closed defect (fixed)

Translation files use incorrect code

Reported by: stuartm Owned by: Oscar Carlsson
Priority: trivial Milestone: 0.22
Component: translation Version: head
Severity: low Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description (last modified by stuartm)

The Danish and Slovenian translation files use the two letter country code instead of the correct 2 letter language code.

dk => da si => sl

Change History (12)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by stuartm

Description: modified (diff)

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by stuartm

Component: mythtvtranslation
Owner: changed from Isaac Richards to Oscar Carlsson

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by Oscar Carlsson

Hmm ok, so those two translations doesn't work? Where are the "correct" language codes defined?

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by anonymous

The translations work, it just a trivial mistake in the naming of the files. The rest of the translation files use the correct ISO language codes, but those two use the ISO country codes. See the alpha-2 (2 letter) codes here: http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

No damage done if this is closed as "won't fix" it might just be nice to add the capability to detect the correct language from the system settings in the future, for that to work we need to be using the correct language codes internally.

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by Oscar Carlsson

Will keep it open and see if I maybe fix it after the translation updates has been applied. Quite a few places to change..

comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by anonymous

I have applied all the translations I can find, but would prefer to make this change after 0.21 ?

comment:7 Changed 12 years ago by stuartm

cz (Czech) should be cs

comment:8 Changed 11 years ago by Nigel

(In [18279]) Correct the language codes for Czech, Danish and Slovenian (we were using the country codes). This will cause users of those languages to revert to English until they delete the installed xlation dir, make install, and change the language setting (Setup, Appearance, page 4). We could correct this with a DB schema update? (but I hate doing that if only data is changing) Plugins and menus will be checked in soon. See #3831

comment:9 Changed 11 years ago by Nigel

(In [18280]) Correct lang. code in plugin menus. See #3831

comment:10 Changed 11 years ago by Nigel

(In [18281]) Correct lang. code in non-default FE menus. See #3831

comment:11 Changed 11 years ago by Nigel

(In [18282]) Correct lang. code in default FE menus. See #3831

comment:12 Changed 11 years ago by Nigel

Milestone: unknown0.22
Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

I have only tested with Danish, but I think I have gotten all the files. If anyone really feels we should automatically change users' language in the settings database, feel free to create the code to slip in to the next schema upgrade.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.