Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#4161 closed patch (fixed)

Update the "(1) Sort by Foo (2) Sort by Bar" labels and others

Reported by: Roo <roo.watt@…> Owned by: stuartm
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.21
Component: mythtv Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords: sort by
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

This patch modifies some labels in the UI, the reason for this is to reduce the screen area used to give more flexibilty in theming.

Having loooked through the .ts files, it is apparent that the: "Sort by (1) Foo (2) Bar" doesn't work in all languages.

I believe consistency in the UI is most important, although this patch removes the "Sort by" and "Show" prefixes from some strings it means that all "Selector" strings are now consistent . I don't believe this is a significant loss as the theme may not even have used these strings to begin with.

This could be addressed with a help popup dialog and would work well if the theme didn't use these labels at all.

I have updated the .ts files as best I can, I have used some other translation strings from each .ts file to help with the update. Mind you I only speak English so it is worth reviewing the translations.

Let me know if this needs some rework.

PS: I have taken the approach of directly editing the themestrings.h and .ts files as it appears that it may have been a while since it was last updated as just running it on a clean source tree generates a different themestrings.h. But I am not very familiar with the whole translation process, so PEBUK is a possibilty ;)

Attachments (1)

sort_by_update_1.diff (48.7 KB) - added by Roo <roo.watt@…> 12 years ago.
Version 1

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (5)

Changed 12 years ago by Roo <roo.watt@…>

Attachment: sort_by_update_1.diff added

Version 1

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by Roo <roo.watt@…>

I thought I marked this as a patch, apologies to whoever triages this ticket.

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by Anduin Withers

Type: defectpatch

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by stuartm

Owner: changed from Isaac Richards to stuartm

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by stuartm

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

(In [14992]) Apply patch from Roo to shorten some theme strings and bring consistency to the different screens around mythfrontend.

This is based on an idea I proposed as part of the general cleanup surrounding the mythui port and themeing in general.

Closes #4161

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.