Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#4306 closed defect (invalid)

Mythmusic segfaulting constantly

Reported by: eric.bosch@… Owned by: Isaac Richards
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythtv Version: unknown
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I have recently begun having an issue with MythMusic in that it segfaults any time I am trying to enter it. I'm able to sync the music database, but if I try to edit visualizations from the setup menu, or play music, it will segfault. What would be a good way to try to get a handle on this? There are no intelligible error messages that I see. I recently rebuilt my machine due to a motherboard failure, and I am now running Gentoo 64-bit. Mythmusic did work initially, and I suspect that replacement of my primary monitor could have something to do with it, in that I went from 1280x768 to 1920x1080 resolution, however everything else on the machine is working better than ever.

Attachments (2)

mythfrontend.log (139.0 KB) - added by eric.bosch@… 12 years ago.
frontend log when mythmusic crashes (verbosity=all)
mythfrontendbacktrace.log (12.9 KB) - added by eric.bosch@… 12 years ago.
Backtrace of mythmusic crash

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (10)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by eric.bosch@…

I can't be sure at what revision it was working last, but I believe it was before some of the recent changes made in mythmusic, in which it was changed to allow it to continue playing when exiting. I have recompiled the module with debug turned on, and I will attach the output of mythfrontend and a backtrace as soon as I can get it generated.

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by eric.bosch@…

Nevermind! I found the problem. My firewall was blocking some critical ports. I just need to define them in Kmyfirewall, and open them up. It works now.

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by eric.bosch@…

My bad... It worked... once. Can anybody tell me what ports media-monitor uses? I'm beginning to suspect dynamic port assignment?

Changed 12 years ago by eric.bosch@…

Attachment: mythfrontend.log added

frontend log when mythmusic crashes (verbosity=all)

Changed 12 years ago by eric.bosch@…

Attachment: mythfrontendbacktrace.log added

Backtrace of mythmusic crash

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by eric.bosch@…

I've tried multiple times to get this to run, and it did work maybe twice out of 30 tries. I can't get a handle on it. I've attached a full verbosity frontend log and a backtrace after it crashed, if that will help. Let me know if I should recompile all of mythtv with debug option on if that will help. Thanks for any help you can give me!

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by paulh

Try compiling without LibVisual? support in MythMusic see if that fixes things. Unfortunately LibVisual? is still very buggy especially on 64bit.

comment:6 Changed 12 years ago by eric.bosch@…

Great call! I removed the visualizations use flag, recompiled amarok, removed libvisual and libvisual-plugins, and recompiled mythmusic and that seems to have resolved the problem. Unfortunately, the visualizations I enjoyed watching are gone for now, but hopefully they will get that package fixed soon. I spent countless hours on that last night trying to figure this one out. Thanks so much!

comment:7 Changed 12 years ago by eric.bosch@…

I have filed a bug report, backtrace with debug info, etc to Gentoo so they can look at the error to determine the source of the error. I will follow up with the results of that. Thanks.

comment:8 Changed 12 years ago by stuartm

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.