Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#4907 closed defect (invalid)

myth upnp doesn't work with capital letters on case sensitive filesystem

Reported by: mythtv@… Owned by: dblain
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: upnp Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I'm trying to use the mythtv uPnP server with an Archos 605 client. The client can browse, but returns errors when attempting to play files. I turned on -v upnp and can see the issue.

Here is a sample error:

2008-03-09 23:27:45.961 HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) (/myth/music/u2/achtung_baby/whos_gonna_ride_your_wild_horses.mp3) :404 Not Found -> 192.168.7.106: 2

The client is making the correct request, but the file isn't found. The reason it's not found is its actual path is /myth/music/U2/Achtung Baby/whos_gonna_ride_your_wild_horses.mp3 I'm on ext3, so it's case sensitive, and it's got a space in the path, not an underscore.

i created soft links to make the above path valid, and with that in place, the mp3 is streamed just fine.

Attachments (1)

badmusic.pcap (143.6 KB) - added by mythtv@… 12 years ago.
capture showing file problem (happens toward the end)

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (6)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by anonymous

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you 100% sure that the client is making the correct request? (you have only included the server response, not the client request) Any chance of -v upnp,network

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by mythtv@…

I don't have access to my system at the moment to try the additional logging, but I do have a packet capture I made last night of the traffic between the two systems. The requests & responses can be viewed in wireshark using the 'follow TCP stream' feature.

I do not know uPnP well enough to claim 100% certainty, but what I can see is that the client is sending back the identical HTTP request that is present in the browse response; also this HTTP request only references an ID, and doesn't include the filename, so it seems to me unlikely the client could be screwing it up.

I'll attach the pcap, and I will get the log messages when I am able.

Changed 12 years ago by mythtv@…

Attachment: badmusic.pcap added

capture showing file problem (happens toward the end)

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by anonymous

Here is a relevant log exerpt with upnp,network:

2008-03-10 20:47:54.334 CDS_BrowseDirectChildren2008-03-10 20:47:54.340 HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) () :200 OK -> 192.168.7.106: 12008-03-10 20:47:56.472 HTTPRequest::ProcessSOAPPayload : "urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:ContentDirectory:1#Browse" :2008-03-10 20:47:56.487 UPnpCDS::HandleBrowse ObjectID=Music/0, ContainerId=
2008-03-10 20:47:56.490 UPNP Browse : Searching for : RecTv  / ObjectID : Music/02008-03-10 20:47:56.494 UPnpCDSTv::IsBrowseRequestForUs - Not sure... Calling base class.2008-03-10 20:47:56.498 UPNP Browse : Searching for : Music  / ObjectID : Music/0
2008-03-10 20:47:56.502 UPnpCDSMusic::IsBrowseRequestForUs - Not sure... Calling base class.2008-03-10 20:47:56.747 HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) () :200 OK -> 192.168.7.106: 12008-03-10 20:47:57.943 MythXML::ProcessRequest: GetMusic : GET /Myth/GetMusic?Id=2900 HTTP/1.1^M
2008-03-10 20:47:57.969 HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) (/myth/music/various/tales_from_the_edge_volume_11/adams_farm__picture.mp3) :404 Not Found -> 192.168.7.106: 22008-03-10 20:47:58.000 MythXML::ProcessRequest: GetMusic : GET /Myth/GetMusic?Id=3003 HTTP/1.1^M
2008-03-10 20:47:58.019 HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) (/myth/music/various_artists/the_jackal/agent_provocateur__red_tape.mp3) :404 Not Found -> 192.168.7.106: 22008-03-10 20:47:58.049 MythXML::ProcessRequest: GetMusic : GET /Myth/GetMusic?I
d=1672 HTTP/1.1^M
2008-03-10 20:47:58.071 HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) (/myth/music/alanis_morissette/jagged_little_pill/you_oughta_know_alternate_take.mp3) :404 Not Found
 -> 192.168.7.106: 22008-03-10 20:47:58.100 MythXML::ProcessRequest: GetMusic : GET /Myth/GetMusic?I
d=1671 HTTP/1.1^M
2008-03-10 20:47:58.119 HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) (/myth/music/alanis_
morissette/jagged_little_pill/you_oughta_know.mp3) :404 Not Found -> 192.168.7.1
06: 2
2008-03-10 20:47:58.148 MythXML::ProcessRequest: GetMusic : GET /Myth/GetMusic?I
d=1670 HTTP/1.1^M
2008-03-10 20:47:58.179 HTTPRequest::SendResponse(xml/html) (/myth/music/alanis_
morissette/jagged_little_pill/you_learn.mp3) :404 Not Found -> 192.168.7.106: 2
2008-03-10 20:47:58.207 MythXML::ProcessRequest: GetMusic : GET /Myth/GetMusic?I
d=1669 HTTP/1.1^M

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by anonymous

well, it looks like this turns out to be user error. Sorry

What I think happened is, I had iTunes organize my music, so it renamed everything to the proper capitalized name - but I had already had my music organized by artist, so it kept essentially the same structure, just changed the case.

Later, I must've rsynced it onto my myth box, and it replaced the old structure there with the new one, and I didn't notice.

End result - a mythtv music DB that's out of sync in a stupid way that's not immediately apparent to casual human observation. My fault.

I rescanned my music collection, and viola, things work like you'd expect.

So, sorry for the wild goose chase.

comment:5 Changed 12 years ago by Isaac Richards

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.