Opened 13 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

#5432 closed defect (fixed)

mythcontext.cpp from 021-fixes fails compile on 64bit platform using GCC 4.3

Reported by: John G Owned by: Isaac Richards
Priority: blocker Milestone: 0.21.1
Component: mythtv Version: 0.21-fixes
Severity: medium Keywords: mythcontext
Cc: Ticket locked: no


When I try to compile the 021-fixes branch using gcc 4.3 on a 64 bit platform it fails at mythcontext.cpp with the following attached output.

Attachments (1)

mythcontext_error (7.3 KB) - added by anonymous 13 years ago.
output from failed compile of mythcontext

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

Changed 13 years ago by anonymous

Attachment: mythcontext_error added

output from failed compile of mythcontext

comment:1 Changed 13 years ago by John G

Sorry I should have made clear I downloaded this version only about 2 hours before posting this note.

I've noticed that mythcontext was changed 10 hours ago on the line where it's failing the compile.

I'm tempted to regress back to the prior version and try the compile again but am willing to wait for any testing requests before doing that (once I regress it get's hard to make testing changes).


comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by paulh

Did you re-run configure before trying to recompile?

A quick glance at Nigel's recent changes would suggest that will be necessary to get the RUNPREFIX set properly.

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by John G

Yes I did run ./configure

When it failed first time and I saw the error I then did a make clean and make distclean before the ./configure as well just to ensure there were no 'residual' problems.

All the different methodologies failed.

comment:4 Changed 13 years ago by anonymous

Compile also fails with GCC 4.1.1 on 32bit with the same error:

mythcontext.cpp:316: error: stray ‘\’ in program

mythcontext.cpp:316:24: warning: missing terminating " character mythcontext.cpp:316: error: missing terminating " character

Did a make clean and reconfigure: doesn't help.

Also did a ./configure --prefix=/usr --runtime-prefix=/usr : this does not help either.

comment:5 Changed 13 years ago by anonymous

Problem was observed with rev 17459. Reverted to rev 17454, compiles without problems now.

comment:6 Changed 13 years ago by paulh

Try change line 86 in libs/libmyth/ from




comment:7 Changed 13 years ago by Nigel

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

(In [17466]) Typo (cut/paste error between diff and svn diff). Sorry John G. Thanks Paul H. Closes #5432.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.