Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#5634 closed defect (invalid)

Mythfrontend loss of control

Reported by: eric.bosch@… Owned by: Isaac Richards
Priority: major Milestone: 0.22
Component: mythtv Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

Running 18181 SVN, having an issue with Frontend CPU usage going high, memory usage escalating, backend usage also going high, but memory usage appears to be stable. Appears to be related to commercial flagging and missing slave system. See below log messages, and hopefully it's an easy fix or set of fixes. One issue is my slave machine died (BIOS Checksum Error, need new MB), so that box is currently unavailable. Looks like that is contributing to the issues.

2008-08-20 14:30:50.872 adding: saruman as a client (events: 0) 2008-08-20 14:30:50.879 adding: saruman as a client (events: 1) 2008-08-20 14:30:53.886 RemoteFile::openSocket(control socket):

Could not connect to server "192.168.1.3" @ port 6543

2008-08-20 14:30:56.888 RemoteFile::openSocket(file data socket):

Could not connect to server "192.168.1.3" @ port 6543

2008-08-20 14:30:56.889 RingBuffer::RingBuffer?(): Failed to open remote file (myth://192.168.1.3:6543/4032_20080701190000.mpg) 2008-08-20 14:30:56.911 NVP::OpenFile?(): Error, file not found: myth://192.168.1.3:6543/4032_20080701190000.mpg 0 1168 20080820122000 The Hound of the Baskervilles Finding Logo2008-08-20 14:30:59.283 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f6522cd0cf0]current_picture not initialized 2008-08-20 14:30:59.285 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error 2008-08-20 14:30:59.506 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f6522cd0cf0]current_picture not initialized 2008-08-20 14:30:59.508 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error 2008-08-20 14:30:59.959 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f6522cd0cf0]current_picture not initialized 2008-08-20 14:30:59.960 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error 2008-08-20 14:31:00.063 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f6522cd0cf0]current_picture not initialized 2008-08-20 14:31:00.073 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error 2008-08-20 14:31:00.265 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f6522cd0cf0]current_picture not initialized 2008-08-20 14:31:00.266 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error 2008-08-20 14:31:00.656 [mpeg2video @ 0x7f6522cd0cf0]current_picture not initialized 2008-08-20 14:31:00.657 AFD Error: Unknown decoding error ...................................... above error repeats hundreds of times.

Then, farther down in the logs,

1185 20080820140000 Roseanne IN USE

(the program is already being flagged elsewhere)

Finished commercial break flagging at Wed Aug 20 14:37:31 2008

2008-08-20 14:37:31.755 Using runtime prefix = /usr 2008-08-20 14:37:31.762 Empty LocalHostName?. 2008-08-20 14:37:31.763 Using localhost value of saruman 2008-08-20 14:37:31.768 New DB connection, total: 1 2008-08-20 14:37:31.773 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: saruman 2008-08-20 14:37:31.774 Closing DB connection named 'DBManager0' 2008-08-20 14:37:31.775 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: saruman 2008-08-20 14:37:31.806 Current Schema Version: 1223 2008-08-20 14:37:31.813 New DB connection, total: 2 2008-08-20 14:37:31.814 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: saruman 2008-08-20 14:37:36.620 AFD: Opened codec 0x90d140, id(MPEG2VIDEO) type(Video) 2008-08-20 14:37:36.621 AFD: codec MP2 has 2 channels 2008-08-20 14:37:36.622 AFD: Opened codec 0x90f510, id(MP2) type(Audio) 2008-08-20 14:37:37.018 Preview: Grabbed preview '/video/recordings/LiveTV/1185_20080820140000.mpg' 720x480@64s 2008-08-20 14:37:37.188 commflag: Commercial Flagging Finished: Roseanne "Of Mice and Dan" recorded from channel 1185 at Wed Aug 20 14:00:00 2008 (0 commercial break(s)) 2008-08-20 14:37:56.502 AutoExpire?: CalcParams?(): Max required Free Space: 11.0 GB w/freq: 15 min 2008-08-20 14:52:56.576 AutoExpire?: CalcParams?(): Max required Free Space: 11.0 GB w/freq: 15 min 2008-08-20 15:00:02.253 scheduler: Finished recording: Roseanne "Direct to Video": channel 1185 2008-08-20 15:00:02.399 Using runtime prefix = /usr

If you need more from the logs, let me know, I'm sure this will happen again!

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by eric.bosch@…

It just did it again as one show (LiveTV) ended, and another began. Frontend and Backend were both at 80% CPU usage, frontend memory usage was skyrocketing, backend memory usage was normal. I did manage to exit via remote control, but took about 5 minutes to respond, then CPU/Mem usage dropped off to normal, and everything works again for now. During time CPU usage was maxxed out, no entries made it into the log file.

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by eric.bosch@…

Sorry, wasn't 100% correct in my last statement. CPU usage dropped to near normal, backend on idle machine now, but remains at 9% (normal is < 1%) Frontend at 6% (normal < 1% but memory usage remains at 22.6%. Restarting both frontend and backend releases memory, and CPU usage goes to 0 for both.

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by eric.bosch@…

Go ahead and close this, I found my database had some corruption probably caused by the slave machine dying.

comment:4 Changed 11 years ago by danielk

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.