Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#6026 closed defect (invalid)

mythfilldatabase problem in Japanese

Reported by: yokan_geo@… Owned by: stuartm
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythfilldatabase Version: 0.21
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I am running mythtv on gentoo linux /amd Athlon64X2 4850e mythTV version is 0.21 (0.21_p18314-r1 in portage) mysql is version 5.0.70

I have trouble showing Japanese in OSD When I checked the values in mysql mythconverg.program, I found most strings become '??????'

mysql status command shows following message: ##################################### mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.70, for pc-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

Connection id: 22 Current database: Current user: root@localhost SSL: Not in use Current pager: /usr/bin/less Using outfile: Using delimiter: ; Server version: 5.0.70-log Gentoo Linux mysql-5.0.70-r1 Protocol version: 10 Connection: Localhost via UNIX socket Server characterset: utf8 Db characterset: utf8 Client characterset: utf8 Conn. characterset: utf8 UNIX socket: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock Uptime: 54 min 59 sec

when I run xmltv script tv_grab_jp from shell, it returns xml where strings are encoded in utf8 and which has right attribute 'encoding="UTF-8"' in root xml element.

Change History (1)

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by stuartm

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

Your database has been incorrectly converted to UTF8, we don't support this configuration.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.