Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#8166 closed defect (invalid)

Some translation strings are not used in mythfrontend

Reported by: rune.evjen@… Owned by: Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: Translations Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords: translation strings
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

When reviewing the updated norwegian translations for mythfrontend (see Ticket http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8109), I noticed that some translations are not used in the UI.

SVN version: 23718

Example strings are:

  • Change Channel
  • Toggle Audio Upmixer
  • Search For:
  • Advanced Audio Configuration
  • Override SRC quality
  • Enable extra audio settings.
  • MythTV can control the PCM and master mixer volume. If you prefer to control the volume externally (like your amplifier) or use an external mixer program, disable this option.

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by Nicolas Riendeau <knight@…>

Hi,

My guess is that you are currently using the files you checked out of trunk. The lrelease (or lrelease-qt4) tool has not yet been run on them so the .qm files, which are the files MythTV actually uses when you run the application, do not yet contain your latest updates.

lupdate (or lupdate-qt4) extracts the translatable strings from .cpp or .h files and put them in .ts files.

lrelease (or lrelease-qt4) transforms your .ts files into .qm files which MythTV can use.

Have a nice day!

Nick

PS: I did not check all the strings you mentionned since I wasn't were some of them came from but the ones I found were translated when I switched my frontend to Norvegian (Thank god I knew what the menu entries I needed to choose to switch back to English or French looked like (-; ).

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by rune.evjen@…

My ticket description was a little imprecise,

  • lupdate translate.pro gives 0 new strings for norwegian, so the ts file is updated
  • in the ts file the above examples are translated

When testing the translation I did not use a compiled svn version but a mythbuntu autobuild of mythtv trunk.

But it seems that the reason that the strings is not translated because the qm files in trunk are not yet updated (e.g http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/i18n/mythfrontend_nb.qm is still at 22428 which is well before the updated translation was committed).

Rune

comment:3 Changed 10 years ago by stuartm

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

You need to run lupdate (optionally with -no-obsolete) and lrelease on the files. lrelease is traditionally not run on translations in trunk until all the translation patches are committed. It will definitely occur before the release of 0.23

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.