Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

#8432 closed defect (fixed)

61 strings in channelscanmiscsettings.h are not translatable

Reported by: Kenni Lund <kenni@…> Owned by: danielk
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.24
Component: MythTV - Channel Scanner Version: Master Head
Severity: medium Keywords: translation i18n
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

None of the 61 strings in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/channelscan/channelscanmiscsettings.h are translatable, eg. the strings are not added to the *.ts files when running QT lupdate.

They do use QObject::tr("xxxxx"), but something else is wrong.

Some of the strings exists in the *.ts files, but this is purely a coincidence, as some of the strings also exists in other source files.

Attachments (3)

channelscan_tr.diff (2.8 KB) - added by Nicolas Riendeau <knight@…> 9 years ago.
channelscan_tr_v2.diff (5.4 KB) - added by Kenni Lund <kenni@…> 9 years ago.
channelscan_tr_v3.diff (5.8 KB) - added by Kenni Lund <kenni@…> 9 years ago.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (9)

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by Nicolas Riendeau <knight@…>

Hi,

It would appears that there is a missing entry in the translate.pro...

<< SOURCES += ../libs/libmythtv/channelscan/*.h

There's already one for the .cpp in that directory but not the .h...

Give me a few minutes and I'll attach a patch...

Have a nice day!

Nick

Changed 9 years ago by Nicolas Riendeau <knight@…>

Attachment: channelscan_tr.diff added

comment:2 Changed 9 years ago by Nicolas Riendeau <knight@…>

OK, I had to do a tad more work than expected once I added the missing entry in the translate.pro as there were a few tr() calls which weren't prefixed by QObject.

Kenni, can you test this to see if it does what you want (I can't test this since we're not supposed to use channel scans here (North America) with the kind of tuner I have)?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

Changed 9 years ago by Kenni Lund <kenni@…>

Attachment: channelscan_tr_v2.diff added

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by Kenni Lund <kenni@…>

Thanks Nicolas,

I've attached an updated version of your patch, fixing some similar issues. I'll see if I'll be able to test it later today, otherwise it'll be in a few days.

Changed 9 years ago by Kenni Lund <kenni@…>

Attachment: channelscan_tr_v3.diff added

comment:4 Changed 9 years ago by Kenni Lund <kenni@…>

I've tested v3 of the patch and it seems to work fine. It makes it possible to translate a total of ~50 new strings in the *.ts files. I did a test translation of these strings, and all of those which I was able to find in mythtv-setup/mythfrontend, were now translatable.

Feel free to commit if you don't spot any errors :)

comment:5 Changed 9 years ago by robertm

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

(In [24539]) Fix #8432. Make various channel scanning strings translatable. Patch from Kenni Lund and Nick Riendeau.

comment:6 Changed 9 years ago by stuartm

Milestone: unknown0.24
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.