Opened 9 years ago

Closed 9 years ago

#9284 closed Bug Report (Invalid)

MythTV 0.24 fails to start playback after channel change on firewire STB

Reported by: Erik Sejr <esejr@…> Owned by:
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.25
Component: MythTV - General Version: 0.24-fixes
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I have attached the output of mythfrontend --version and mythbackend --version. I have also attached a diff from two changes to the firewire related sources to add in the vendor and model IDs of my Motorola DCX-3400-M STB. These patches are the same in 0.23 and 0.24. When using 0.23 I needed to use a similarly modified version of 6200ch to change channels. I removed this from mythtv-setup for 0.24.

After the upgrade to 0.24 I was no longer able to switch to liveTV or record any programs. My STB has an LED display on the front panel which shows digit-by-digit when a number is pressed on the remote or sent to it via firewire. When I select liveTV in mythfrontend I see the 3 digits sent to the STB the same as in 0.23. I also see the OSD come up briefly and show "Signal 100% TLAM Lock", but before the playback can start (1-2 seconds later) I see the 3 channel digits get sent to the STB again, then the frontend returns to the menu with an error. I have tried to change the tuner timeout in mythtv-setup to as high as 20000ms but it appears to make no difference.

Steps to reproduce:

  1. With a Motorola DCX-3200-M STB apply the attached patches
  2. Build & install mythtv-0.24
  3. Run MythTV-setup to upgrade the database, remove the external channel changer
  4. Start mythbackend and mythfrontend upgrading the database as needed
  5. Attempt to watch live TV. Output as per attached logs.

I can revert to 0.23 + 6200ch and things are working normally again.

Attachments (5)

DCXpatch.diff (1.4 KB) - added by Erik Sejr <esejr@…> 9 years ago.
Patches to add DCX-3400-M model and vendor ID's
mythbackend.log (5.7 KB) - added by Erik Sejr <esejr@…> 9 years ago.
Backend log attempting to watch livetv
mythfrontend.log (7.3 KB) - added by Erik Sejr <esejr@…> 9 years ago.
Frontend log attempting to watch livetv
mythbackver.txt (674 bytes) - added by Erik Sejr <esejr@…> 9 years ago.
output of mythbackend --version
mythfrontver.txt (674 bytes) - added by Erik Sejr <esejr@…> 9 years ago.
output of mythfrontend --version

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (8)

Changed 9 years ago by Erik Sejr <esejr@…>

Attachment: DCXpatch.diff added

Patches to add DCX-3400-M model and vendor ID's

Changed 9 years ago by Erik Sejr <esejr@…>

Attachment: mythbackend.log added

Backend log attempting to watch livetv

Changed 9 years ago by Erik Sejr <esejr@…>

Attachment: mythfrontend.log added

Frontend log attempting to watch livetv

Changed 9 years ago by Erik Sejr <esejr@…>

Attachment: mythbackver.txt added

output of mythbackend --version

Changed 9 years ago by Erik Sejr <esejr@…>

Attachment: mythfrontver.txt added

output of mythfrontend --version

comment:1 Changed 9 years ago by jpoet

Please add mythbackend logs with "-v record,channel"

comment:2 in reply to:  1 Changed 9 years ago by Erik Sejr <esejr@…>

Replying to jpoet:

Please add mythbackend logs with "-v record,channel"

Actually I think I found the source of this, and its my mistake. In the patch I did not see the same vendor ID I had for the 3400 was right on the line above for the 3200. Although the STB is a 3400 I removed the duplicate vendor ID and recompiled. Things are working OK now.

Thanks!

comment:3 Changed 9 years ago by robertm

Milestone: unknown0.25
Resolution: Invalid
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.