Opened 7 years ago

Closed 7 years ago

#9403 closed Bug Report (fixed)

Mythmusic doesn't properly handle failure to open audio device

Reported by: jyavenard Owned by: paulh
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.25
Component: Plugin - MythMusic Version: Unspecified
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no


mythmusic should handle properly when the audio device failed to be opened.

Right now it just assumes that everything is always good.

the comment: TODO: Error checking that device is opened correctly! (it has been there for almost 4 years :) )

This causes several issues later on from segfault to floating point exception (such as requesting timecode when the samplerate is == 0).

When OpenAudio? returns an error, no member of the class should ever be called.

I have put some handling to prevent some of the issues, but those are fixes for a situation that should never have occurred anyway.

Attachments (0)

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 7 years ago by paulh

  • Owner changed from paulh to jyavenard
  • Status changed from new to assigned

comment:2 Changed 7 years ago by jyavenard

  • Owner changed from jyavenard to paulh

I would have done so myself if it wasn't so tightly link to what the whole code is doing.

as such, the original author is the best person to do so...

I added a message to nag the user of the audio framework for not doing things properly!

comment:3 Changed 7 years ago by Github

  • Milestone changed from unknown to 0.25
  • Resolution set to fixed
  • Status changed from assigned to closed

MythMusic: Check the audio output was opened without error before using it.

Fixes #9403.

Branch: master Changeset: 750bdf1392b52108e6f0104ee98c9bf2f34df438

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

as closed The owner will remain paulh.
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'new'.

E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.