Opened 3 years ago
Closed 3 years ago
Last modified 3 years ago
Delays in Wath-Recordings-Screen
|Reported by:||t.brackertz@…||Owned by:||stichnot|
|Component:||MythTV - General||Version:||Master Head|
As mentioned here before (see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/508788) there are issues with 0.25 taking much time to show the Wath-Recordings-Screen or to change the group filter:
- As all possible strings are created in the beginning start up takes a lot of time on slow machines. A path for lazy string creation is being developed, see http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10161
- On some machines (even on fast ones) the creation of each strings takes very much time.
Regarding the second issue there are some observations that changing the displayed Date-Time-Format could help. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/508860#508860 There are also some ideas that slow implementations of QDateTime are to blame http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/508829#508829
On my system (Core i3, Xubuntu 11.10) I found the following behaviour:
- Showing the Wath-Recordings-Screen or changing the group filter is extremly slow directly after starting mythfrontend (second issue)
- Then I go to "Konfiguration->Erscheinungsbild" (probably configuration->appearence on englisch systems). Then save. It doesn't matter if anything is changed or not.
- Then the theme gets reloaded (screen is flickering for less than a second and cursor jumps)
- Now the Watch-Recordings-Screen is fast and stays fast until the frontend is quit.
- If I restart the frontend it is slow again.
So the timeformat doesn't seem to matter at all. But the reload of the theme seems to do some initialization which speeds up the string creation. Therefore it seems to be a mythtv-Bug.
I attached the log of mythfrontend. As the file is very big I marked when I started the following steps:
- Startup mythfrontend. Search for "Startup maythfrontend"
- Go to Watch-Recordings-Screen. Search for "Go to Watch-Recordings-Screen 1st time"
- Change group filter. Search for "Change group filter 1st time"
- Go through Appearance Setup pages. Search for "Go through Appearance Setup pages"
- Go to Watch-Recordings-Screen. Search for "Go to Watch-Recordings-Screen 2nd time"
- Change group filter. Search for "Change group filter 2nd time"
Change History (5)
comment:1 Changed 3 years ago by stichnot
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.25
- Status changed from new to infoneeded_new
- Version changed from Unspecified to Master Head
comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by t.brackertz@…
comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by stichnot
- Owner set to stichnot
- Status changed from infoneeded_new to assigned
comment:4 Changed 3 years ago by wagnerrp
- Resolution set to Fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed