Opened 6 years ago

Last modified 3 years ago

#11921 new Bug Report - General

mythfilldatabase fills only the first channel of multiple channels on one video source with the same xmltvid

Reported by: Karl Egly Owned by: Karl Egly
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: MythTV - Mythfilldatabase Version: Master Head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

After rescanning for lineup changes on DVB-C I left the missing channels in the database including their xmltvid so I could copy the ids over to the new instances of the channels. Sadly no guide data ended up with the new instance. Should visible channels be preferred over invisible ones? (strengthening the users understanding of what visible means) Should multiple channels with the same xmltvid be supported? (e.g. while a channel is moving transports there may be a time of overlap where its on both the old and new transport)

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 4 years ago by Karl Egly

Note to self, just tested two channels on the same video source with the same xmltvid and callsign but can't reproduce the issue.

MythTV Version : v0.28-pre-2917-gde66bcd

comment:2 Changed 3 years ago by Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster@…>

I have encountered what I think is the same issue (processes the first match, not all). I have an idea how to address the issue (return a list rather than just the first and process the result list), but it will result in a patch which appears fairly large as it will place a bunch of code into a loop over the result (so a lot of code gets indented, but will show as a massive replacement in the patch). Should I look into writing/submitting that patch, or do you plan to address it differently, or do I not understand the issue?

comment:3 Changed 3 years ago by Peter Bennett

I have noticed this problem also. If you need an example file let me know. See the following email.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/605885#605885

I also found a related problem. Comcast is moving some channels to new numbers. Instead of creating a channel with the new number it created a duplicate channel in the database. WWDP moves from channel 10 to channel 81 and WBTS is added to channel 10. WWDP is also on channel 718 with the same xmltv id. I landed up with two channel 10's and no channel 81. Channel 718 remained unchanged (as it should).

I think the channel update logic needs to be redone as Gary has suggested.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.