Modify

Opened 2 years ago

Last modified 22 months ago

#12532 new Bug Report - General

Seeking through H.264 video with the internal player results in corrupted framebuffers with VDPAU & nvidia drivers 358.09

Reported by: kungfujesus06@… Owned by: jyavenard
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: MythTV - Video Decoding Version: 0.27-fixes
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

When seeking through h264 videos, I now get this annoying corruption that doesn't disappear until a new set of keyframes. Seeking within mplayer or things based on newer versions of FFmpeg don't appear to cause this issue, but Mythtv's usage of FFmpeg + the VDPAU API may differ from other applications.

I've posted a screenshot of the issue here: http://i.imgur.com/3kT0Uyd.png

Attachments (1)

x264-seekbug.png (1.9 MB) - added by kungfujesus06@… 2 years ago.
x264 encoded episode of the Simpsons following a seek

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

Changed 2 years ago by kungfujesus06@…

x264 encoded episode of the Simpsons following a seek

comment:1 Changed 22 months ago by Yianni Vidalis <yiannividalis@…>

Hi, the same happens with master:

Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
MythTV Version : v0.28-pre-3743-gea5fdd4-dirty
MythTV Branch : master
Network Protocol : 88
Library API : 0.28.20160309-1
QT Version : 5.5.1
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_alsa using_oss using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_frontend using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_libcrypto using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_profiletype using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2


~> rpm -qa "*vdpau*"
libvdpau1-1.1.1-1.3.x86_64
libvdpau_trace1-1.1.1-1.3.x86_64
libvdpau-devel-1.1.1-1.3.x86_64

nVidia versions 352.xx are ok, I was on 352.41, I then upgraded opensuse Tumbleweed and thought of upgrading nvidia, too, to 364.19 and the problem manifested itself. I installed 352.79 and it's ok again.

I should point out that I had tried to upgrade nvidia to a higher version (I think it was 355.11) some months ago with the same result (I mean that it didn't happen due to the system upgrade).

comment:2 Changed 22 months ago by stuartm

  • Summary changed from Seeking through x264 video with the internal player results in corrupted framebuffers with VDPAU & nvidia drivers 358.09 to Seeking through H.264 video with the internal player results in corrupted framebuffers with VDPAU & nvidia drivers 358.09

comment:3 Changed 22 months ago by kungfujesus06@…

Add Comment

Modify Ticket

Action
as new The owner will remain jyavenard.
Author


E-mail address and user name can be saved in the Preferences.

 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.