Opened 13 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

#2965 closed defect (invalid)

ATSC QAM256 channels fail to tune (partial lock) that are working channels with xine and vlc

Reported by: Wylie Swanson <wylie.swanson@…> Owned by: danielk
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: mythtv Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

MythTV gets partial lock on (good working) channels. The same channels are viewable Xine (in case with Air2PC) and with VLC (with HDHomeRun). I suppose it is how my cable company is broadcasting, but the streams can be viewed. There has been some discussion about this on HDHomeRun forum.

I added a HDHomeRun to my environment today. About six months ago on my Air2PC (ATSC/QAM256 cable), I noticed Partial Lock (no audio/video) on a few channels that had previously worked (SVN mid-to-early 2006).

Today, with HDHomeRun, I am seeing the same thing. Mythtv-setup can sometimes find all of the important channels (and a bunch of channels that don't matter). However, mythfrontend shows partial lock in the tuning phase. There was a patch around the 17th that was a significant improvement, but the mythfrontend still gets partial lock.

From reading the forums, SageTV does not have the same problem (of course, there is no way I am switching from MythTV!). For me, the channels can be viewed from xine on the Air2PC and using vlc for the HDHomeRun.

I am happy to provide more diagnostic (and quickly). Let me know what information would be helpful (e.g. cmdlines for mythfrontend or backend with relevant diag). For the record, I have Cox Cable in Phoenix, Arizona.

best regards, W

Attachments (1)

atsc-partial-lock.log (22.4 KB) - added by Wylie Swanson <wylie.swanson@…> 13 years ago.
Log of channel that should work (and works with vlc/xine), but has partial lock failure

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (4)

Changed 13 years ago by Wylie Swanson <wylie.swanson@…>

Attachment: atsc-partial-lock.log added

Log of channel that should work (and works with vlc/xine), but has partial lock failure

comment:1 Changed 13 years ago by Wylie Swanson <wylie.swanson@…>

Version: 0.20head

comment:2 Changed 13 years ago by danielk

Owner: changed from Isaac Richards to danielk
Priority: majorminor

Please retest with the latest SVN head and provide the full log.

The log looks good, it is not reporting any failure.

comment:3 Changed 13 years ago by danielk

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.