Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

#3920 closed defect (fixed)

switched to xmltv grabber, mythtv-setup still tries internal grabber (SD)

Reported by: anonymous Owned by: danielk
Priority: minor Milestone: 0.21
Component: mythtv Version: head
Severity: medium Keywords:
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

I first attempted to set up mythtv to grab listings from my SD account using its internal grabber. After many many failures, I determined that my ISP's proxy is screwing up the auth mechanism so the wget command fails with 401 auth errors. SO I switched to the xmltv grabber (tv_grab_na_dd) since it is known to work with my "situation". After setting that all up, it works GREAT in mythtv.

BUT now every time I enter mythtv-setup and go to configure my video source, it still attempts to use the internal grabber. I see tons of 401 auth errors in the console as it tries and fails just like before. When it finally gives up (20 failures), the mythtv-setup screen comes up and it still shows that xmltv's grabber is selected! It ignores the fact that I have the internal grabber disabled, and attempts to connect every time anyway.


# mythbackend --version
Library API version : 0.21.20070820-1
Source code version : 14278
SVN branch : trunk
Network Protocol Version: 35
Options compiled in:

linux release using_oss using_alsa using_backend using_frontend using_ivtv using_lirc using_lmsensors using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_opengl

Change History (4)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by danielk

Did you configure the grabber in MythTV to xmltv?

If you are using MythTV to run the xmltv grabber you shouldn't have this issue. If you run xmltv externally using cron or another method, then you must set the internal grabber to "none".

FYI You will want to contact your ISP about the problem, when you don't use the internal DataDirect? grabber you generally do not run your grabber at optimal times for the servers and the download may not succeed. When I contacted my ISP about a similar problem with their squid proxy it was corrected within a day. While you are still using the external grabber try to pick a grab time some time in your daylight hours.

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by bkohler@…

Sorry, I wasn't so clear on that. I switched from the internal SD grabber to the internal (mythtv's) xmltv grabber. After this change, every time I go into mythtv-setup -> video sources -> "my source", it still attempts to contact SD servers using the internal SD grabber.

As for the initial problem, I figured out how to set an http proxy (a working one, not my ISP's) for the internal SD grabber so it is working great now. This could still be an issue for someone else though, if you'd like me to try to recreate the bug, I can.

comment:3 Changed 12 years ago by danielk

Milestone: unknown0.21
Owner: changed from Isaac Richards to danielk
Status: newassigned
Version: unknownhead

I think I understand the issue, it's loading the SD info because you have an SD account name and password defined and because it's the first, and so default, pane in the Video Source's setup so it gets loaded before we tell the UI which grabber we're using. (The UI is unfortunately contacting the server, that is why the UI stops being redrawn while loading the info.)

comment:4 Changed 12 years ago by danielk

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

(In [14425]) Fixes #3920. Refs #3842. Clears userid and password when switching from a grabber with these to one without it.

This prevents us from trying to grab the lineups from Schedules Direct when the user has switched a former SD video source to EIT or XMLTV.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.