Opened 11 years ago

Closed 11 years ago

#4237 closed defect (fixed)

mythtv-setup does not create tables

Reported by: keller Owned by: Nigel
Priority: major Milestone: unknown
Component: mythtv Version: unknown
Severity: high Keywords: database tables mysql mytht-setup
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

[14983] does not create tables as expected when running mythtv-setup for the first time.

Instead, the scheme update messages go by very quickly, and then many "Table does not exist" errors are displayed.

After checking the database, it seems that the tables are not being created correctly. MySQL permissions are not the issue - I tried it as root as well.

Reverting to [14957] from a few days ago fixed the issue.

Attachments (1)

mythtv-setup errors.txt (2.1 KB) - added by keller 11 years ago.
Small sample of the errors thrown by mythtv-setup when creating tables for the first time.

Download all attachments as: .zip

Change History (7)

Changed 11 years ago by keller

Attachment: mythtv-setup errors.txt added

Small sample of the errors thrown by mythtv-setup when creating tables for the first time.

comment:1 Changed 11 years ago by anonymous

This seemed to break around 14964/14965. In 14963 it still worked, 14964 did not compile, 14965 it is broken. Not sure of the cause yet.

comment:2 Changed 11 years ago by Nigel

Looks like I caused that breakage. Can I get the start of the mythtv-setup output? (where it does the UPnP, finds a database, et c.)

I suspect it is opening a different database than the one it should.

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by keller

I'm afraid that I don't have the output anymore. I believe I've fixed the issue by rolling back to [14957], making the database, and then rolling forward to latest SVN.

The problem is easily reproducible by doing a clean install with the latest SVN. Sorry that I don't have the output you need.

comment:4 in reply to:  2 Changed 11 years ago by anonymous

I might be able to help... this is from SVN checkout 14983. Let me know if you need more.

2007-11-29 07:24:00.203 Using runtime prefix = /usr/local 2007-11-29 07:24:00.220 XScreenSaver support enabled 2007-11-29 07:24:00.220 DPMS is active. 2007-11-29 07:24:00.270 Unable to read configuration file mysql.txt 2007-11-29 07:24:00.270 Empty LocalHostName?. 2007-11-29 07:24:00.270 Using localhost value of kyhost02 2007-11-29 07:24:00.271 2007-11-29 07:24:00.378 New DB connection, total: 1 2007-11-29 07:24:00.392 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost 2007-11-29 07:24:00.393 Closing DB connection named 'DBManager0' 2007-11-29 07:24:00.393 Total desktop dim: 1440x900, with 1 screen[s]. 2007-11-29 07:24:00.395 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost 2007-11-29 07:24:00.402 Using screen 0, 1440x900 at 0,0 2007-11-29 07:24:00.458 Current Schema Version: 2007-11-29 07:24:00.459 DataDirectProcessor::FixProgramIDs() -- begin 2007-11-29 07:24:00.461 New DB DataDirect? connection 2007-11-29 07:24:00.462 Connected to database 'mythconverg' at host: localhost 2007-11-29 07:24:00.562 DB Error (Fixing program ids in recorded): Query was: UPDATE recorded SET programid=CONCAT(SUBSTRING(programid, 1, 2), '00', SUBSTRING(programid, 3)) WHERE length(programid) = 12 Driver error was [2/1146]: QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query Database error was: Table 'mythconverg.recorded' doesn't exist

AJM,

comment:5 Changed 11 years ago by Nigel

Owner: changed from Isaac Richards to Nigel

It seems that the first DB connection is OK, but all subsequent ones, e.g. post:

New DB connection, total: 2

have empty host names. Very strange, but it should be easy to fix (once I find the cause :-)

comment:6 Changed 11 years ago by Nigel

Resolution: fixed
Status: newclosed

(In [15008]) Schema upgrade check was creating a temp window, which was clearing the dbHostName. Closes #4237

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.