Opened 8 years ago
Closed 8 years ago
SVN 15741, problem stopping recordings from Mythweb (multirec involved)
|Reported by:||simonwalls@…||Owned by:||kormoc|
Description (last modified by kormoc)
Hi, This is the first time I've ever posted a ticket so here goes:
Using SVN15741 on Fedora Core 8 on a Athlon XP-M 32-bit system.
I've started using SVN, after a few months getting used to Mythtv using Mythdora 4. Now using a fresh install of Fedora Core 8 on a formatted HDD (so no old code hanging around). Receivers: Two Hauppage Nova-T's.
I'm in the UK, on DVB-T, and the main reason for trying SVN is the multirec feature. In mythtv-setup I allowed 3 streams per DVB card, so I see 6 encoders on Mythweb's status page.
I wanted to see 'just how many' DVB-T streams I could record simultaneously. I started to set up recordings on Mythweb for programs which were on at that moment, so recordings started immediately. So I started picking them at random without working out which were on each multiplex. I got to four (I think), which puzzled me why I could not get six. Perhaps I had made bad choices since I hadn't tried to pick the same multiplexes. I didn't try to go further to saturate the encoders.
But the issue I'm reporting is that using Mythweb, I could not command the recordings to stop - whichever way I tried. On the Upcoming Recordings page, click the 'Delete' button on the right hand side of the entry in the list. On the programme details page, click the 'Delete' button. Neither of these worked. Didn't try the Delete+Rerecord as that wasn't what I wanted to do. Backend Status still showed it apparently still recording away. The machine is elsewhere in the house, so I couldn't see the HDD lights.
I eventually managed to get recordings to stop by Deleting the mpeg file from the 'Recorded Programs' page. That caused the Backend Status page to update and as I deleted all the mpeg files, the encoders were freed up.
I haven't tried anything from the front end, just from Mythweb.
So this is a problem, as although I could stop the recordings, if I had wanted to view the programs, I couldn't as I'd just deleted the mpeg files...
Perhaps the multirec merge has caused a problem in this area? I never used to have a problem with Mythdora (but I know that's well behind SVN).
I hope this gets picked up by the right people, cheers, Simon.
Change History (13)
comment:1 Changed 8 years ago by anonymous
comment:2 Changed 8 years ago by kormoc
comment:3 Changed 8 years ago by kormoc
- Description modified (diff)
- Owner changed from xris to kormoc
- Status changed from new to accepted
comment:4 Changed 8 years ago by simonwalls@…
comment:5 Changed 8 years ago by anonymous
comment:6 Changed 8 years ago by kormoc
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from accepted to closed
comment:7 Changed 8 years ago by simonwalls@…
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to new
comment:8 Changed 8 years ago by kormoc
comment:9 Changed 8 years ago by anonymous
comment:10 Changed 8 years ago by anonymous
comment:11 Changed 8 years ago by Dibblah
comment:12 Changed 8 years ago by simonwalls@…
comment:13 Changed 8 years ago by kormoc
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed