Opened 10 years ago

Closed 10 years ago

#7719 closed enhancement (invalid)

Can't share video source between differen recorders

Reported by: stefan.becker@… Owned by: Isaac Richards
Priority: minor Milestone: unknown
Component: MythTV - General Version: 0.22
Severity: low Keywords: iptv mythbackend input source
Cc: Ticket locked: no

Description

My DVB-C provider has started to offer the same channels also via IPTV (UDP multicast). I'm trying to enable that in mythtvsetup:

  • existing setup: capture card: DVB-C (/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0) video source: SSP (via xmltv grabber tv_grab_fi & www.telkku.com) input connection: DVB -> SSP channels: 501 - ...
  • added setup: capture card: Network Recorder (FREEBOX)

M3U URL: http://localhost/test.m3u

contents:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0,601 - YLE TV1
#EXTMYTHTV:xmltvid=0.telkku.com
udp://224.10.1.1:1111

input connection: FREEBOX -> SSP

-> scan channels

channels: 601 (YLE TV1)

Now I start mythbackend with the new settings and see in the log:

2009-12-07 19:25:49.778 IPTVChan(7): Loaded 1 channels from http://localhost/test.m3u
2009-12-07 19:25:49.780 IPTVChan(7), Error: GetChanInfo(501) failed
2009-12-07 19:25:49.780 IPTVChan(7), Error: SetChannelByString(501) Invalid channel

from mythvconverg.channel:

mysql> select chanid,channum,callsign,name,sourceid,xmltvid,freqid from channel where name = 'YLE1';
+--------+---------+----------+------+----------+--------------+-----------+
| chanid | channum | callsign | name | sourceid | xmltvid      | freqid    |
+--------+---------+----------+------+----------+--------------+-----------+
|   1000 | 501     | YLE TV1  | YLE1 |        1 | 0.telkku.com | 170000000 | 
|   1601 | 601     | YLE TV1  | YLE1 |        1 | 0.telkku.com | NULL      | 
+--------+---------+----------+------+----------+--------------+-----------+

If I add another input source (even a dummy one) everything works fine. It would be nice not to have run the xmltv grabber twice for the same data.

Change History (2)

comment:1 Changed 10 years ago by stefan.becker@…

Seems like the problem is the wrong channel name. I had the "callsign" (YLE TV1) in the .m3u file and not the "channel name" (YLE1). Once I changed this it started to work.

Please close this as it seems I can't do this myself

comment:2 Changed 10 years ago by Dibblah

Resolution: invalid
Status: newclosed

Done. Thanks for following up!

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.