Opened 5 years ago
Closed 5 years ago
Last modified 5 years ago
A few mythtranscode enhancements
|Reported by:||mythtv@…||Owned by:||beirdo|
|Component:||MythTV - Mythtranscode||Version:||Unspecified|
The problems addressed:
1) In fifodir mode, mythtranscode refuses to run on remote files.
2) There is no indication of the format of the data output to the fifos; a user has to use a separate program to analyse the source file (possibly unreliable and not possible for remote files).
I have patches to address each. The first patch just alters the test for whether remote files can be transcoded. The second outputs details of what will be output to the fifos (accounting for use of the new --passthrough mode). The second patch also adds a --fifoinfo flag that can be used to get the format details printed out without actually performing the transcode.
The patches are committed to my github fork: https://github.com/Glidos/mythtv. There are versions of the patches on each of the branches: master, fixes/0.24 and jyavenard/backports/fixes/0.24. Those are the only patches I have currently added to those branches.
I'm happy to put more work into the patches to address any objections as to style etc.
Change History (7)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by beirdo
- Owner set to beirdo
- Status changed from new to assigned
- Type changed from Bug Report - General to Patch - Feature
comment:2 Changed 5 years ago by mythtv@…
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by beirdo
- Component changed from MythTV - General to MythTV - Mythtranscode
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by beirdo
comment:5 Changed 5 years ago by Github
- Milestone changed from unknown to 0.25
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from assigned to closed
comment:6 Changed 5 years ago by beirdo
- Milestone changed from 0.25 to 0.24.2
comment:7 Changed 5 years ago by stuartm
- Milestone 0.24.2 deleted